Nymor letter theories

KingAerys_II

39 minutes ago, SaffronLady said:

Like, I know I've said this before, but you are the only person talking about attacking Dragonstone with water magic.

Which is due to your obsession with detail, and this is generally a good thing when reading GRRM. But the theory you formed around the details ... doesn't work. People who fall off from high places suffer damage to their health you clearly fail to comprehend. The Ullers would kill Rhaenys if they so much as whip her, and there would be no time for House Martell generational drama.

Since you continue to pretend you know what my theory is despite I haven't presented it, here, now I am presenting it:

During the Dragon's Wroth, Prince Nymor went through old Rhoynar records and rediscovered water magic. However, he learned that the price for water magic is blood, like how the death of the Festival City powered Garin's dying curse, and with so many Dornishmen dead it could be done. So he sent Deria to tell Aegon that basically, you killed so many of my people I could water-nuke you out of the sky if your overgrown fire-breathing flying lizards come to Dorne again. Aegon takes heed of the warning and heads off to check the Dragonstone hatcheries, trying to assess how much time would it be before House Targaryen could hatch enough dragons to ignore the threat. Seeing it won't be in his lifetime, he signs the peace deal.

Here, you can feel free to poke holes in my fanfic now.

There is the nasty theory  that actually the Ullers tried to impregnate Rhaenys, she was not married to Aegon according to the Faith of 7, the Ullers tried to declare themselves kings of the Brimstone and rebelled against House Martell, it sounds as madness, but they are described as "half mad", then Arianne considers Hellholt as "the perfect place to crown Myrcella" 

Edited by KingAerys_II

11 hours ago, SaffronLady said:

Like, I know I've said this before, but you are the only person talking about attacking Dragonstone with water magic.

Which is due to your obsession with detail, and this is generally a good thing when reading GRRM. But the theory you formed around the details ... doesn't work. People who fall off from high places suffer damage to their health you clearly fail to comprehend. The Ullers would kill Rhaenys if they so much as whip her, and there would be no time for House Martell generational drama.

Since you continue to pretend you know what my theory is despite I haven't presented it, here, now I am presenting it:

During the Dragon's Wroth, Prince Nymor went through old Rhoynar records and rediscovered water magic. However, he learned that the price for water magic is blood, like how the death of the Festival City powered Garin's dying curse, and with so many Dornishmen dead it could be done. So he sent Deria to tell Aegon that basically, you killed so many of my people I could water-nuke you out of the sky if your overgrown fire-breathing flying lizards come to Dorne again. Aegon takes heed of the warning and heads off to check the Dragonstone hatcheries, trying to assess how much time would it be before House Targaryen could hatch enough dragons to ignore the threat. Seeing it won't be in his lifetime, he signs the peace deal.

Here, you can feel free to poke holes in my fanfic now.

The problem is that water wizards were so powerful at the time of Nymeria, because magic in the world was at its peak, the power of magic is related to dragons in Asoiaf, and there were more than 300 dragons at the time of Nymeria, that's why her water witches were able to make dry streams to flow again.
The fact is Aegon celebrated a feast of friendship with the people that murdered his favorite sister wife, and brought to Sunspear Aenys, who was Rhaenys son and still a boy (16 years old), the news about his mother "death" almost killed him, so it has no sense that Aenys had a party with the people that murdered his mother and threatened his father

HOUSE ULLER

Nymeria created House Uller of Hellholt to replace House Dryland.
The last member of House Dryland was Ser Lucifer Dryland, the King of Brimstone.
The Brimstone is a river of sulfuric water
House Uller is known for the event when they burned alive their rivals in their castle, they are considered "half mad", maybe there is a reason why they are not sane.
It is stated that the Brimstone is a sulfuric river, maybe it has volcanic origins, the gas associated to sulfuric water of volcanic origins is the H2S, the hydrogen sulfid smells like rotten eggs, the Hellholt castle is described as a grim and stinking castle.
It is common for victims of acute H2S intoxication to develop chronic neurological sequelae. These neurologic effects include  psychosis and excitement,but In the worst‐case scenarios, some survivors of acute H2S exposure later descend into permanent vegetative states

1 hour ago, SaffronLady said:

And right after you got over tsunamis you propose hitting a flying target with lava a la Project Wingman.

Why does the Brimstone have sulphuric water? 

Sulfur water (or sulphur water) is a condition where water is exposed to hydrogen sulfide gas, giving a distinct "rotten egg" smell.
When sulfur gases are released from magma and encounter groundwater as they rise, the sulfur can react with water and form hydrogen sulfide (H2S). The presence of H2S typically indicates that volcanic activity is relatively quiet because the groundwater is able to filter out much of the sulfur gas that rises from the magma. Hydrogen sulfide can be measured by collecting a gas sample then analyzing the complete chemistry in a laboratory.

Hydrogen sulfide is why the Ullers are mad

Edited by KingAerys_II

1 hour ago, SaffronLady said:

And right after you got over tsunamis you propose hitting a flying target with lava a la Project Wingman.

It's geology and chemistry, the volcanic activity under the Brimstone explains why the water is sulphuric and toxic, it explains why the Ullers have a strange behavior, the castle of Hellholt is described as stinking because the hydrogen sulfide smells like rotten eggs

The volcanic activity under the Brimstone is the only scientific explanation why there is so much sulphur in the water to poison people that drink it or eat the fish in the river. 

Meraxes killed by a volcanic explosion is not so absurd, volcanic explosions killed thousands of dragons during the Doom

9 hours ago, KingAerys_II said:

The fact is Aegon celebrated a feast of friendship with the people that murdered his favorite sister wife, and brought to Sunspear Aenys, who was Rhaenys son and still a boy (16 years old), the news about his mother "death" almost killed him, so it has no sense that Aenys had a party with the people that murdered his mother and threatened his father

In 1458, Love Day was celebrated in London, a festival of peace and reconciliation to mark the end of hostilities in the Wars of the Roses. The Queen walked hand in hand with the Duke of York, as did the dukes of Somerset and Salisbury, from Westminster to London in a procession and there were public feasts, jousting and other celebrations lasting over a month.

Within 18 months, war had broken out again. In 1460, the Queen and Somerset defeated York in battle, had him and Salisbury summarily executed, and mounted their heads on spikes together with that of York's son.

A "feast of friendship" tells us nothing about personal feelings. It's all about politics.

Edited by Alester Florent

7 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

In 1458, Love Day was celebrated in London, a festival of peace and reconciliation to mark the end of hostilities in the Wars of the Roses. The Queen walked hand in hand with the Duke of York, as did the dukes of Somerset and Salisbury, from Westminster to London in a procession and there were public feasts, jousting and other celebrations lasting over a month.

Within 18 months, war had broken out again. In 1460, the Queen and Somerset defeated York in battle, had him and Salisbury summarily executed, and mounted their heads on spikes together with that of York's son.

A "feast of friendship" tells us nothing about personal feelings. It's all about politics.

According to you, Aenys suffered so much for his mother fall and almost starved himself, then when he was still 16 years old he became a cynical politician, he gave the name Rhaena in honor of his mother, but he doesn't care if dornishmen tortured her for 2 years, a feast to celebrate the torture of his mother, that gave peace and indipendence to Dorne

2 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

According to you, Aenys suffered so much for his mother fall and almost starved himself, then when he was still 16 years old he became a cynical politician, he gave the name Rhaena in honor of his mother, but he doesn't care if dornishmen tortured her for 2 years, a feast to celebrate the torture of his mother, that gave peace and indipendence to Dorne

You're just not listening, are you? 

Just now, KingAerys_II said:

The feast you reported happened before the atrocities, so it's an absurdity

It happened between atrocities. A couple of years earlier, the two sides had fought and the Lancastrians had been massacred, with the then Duke of Somerset (and others) were hacked down in the street. A peace was then negotiated and a festival of love and reconciliation was celebrated with the new duke of Somerset holding hands and exchanging kisses with the people who killed his father. But all the protagonists still hated each other and this was proven a couple of years later.

Public celebrations of peace and love and friendship mean nothing. They are all about politics. The participants may genuinely like each other, or they may be sitting there smiling through gritted teeth. It's the show that's important. If Aegon and Aenys believe the peace with Dorne is important, they will nod and smile through any number of "feasts of friendship" in order to maintain it, even if the whole time they are imagining murdering the lot of them.

12 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

THE FEAST, YOU ARE SPEAKING OF, HAPPENED BEFORE THEY MADE THOSE ATROCITIES, GENIUS. 

Lord Tywin wanted his daughter to marry Prince Rhaegar, what happened then? His men brutalized his wife and children

I can't even follow what you're saying any more, sorry. Some of this is because of general syntax, which on the basis English may not be your first language I don't want to hold against you, but also because your points are veering all over the place.

I'm done here. You're clearly not actually interested in having a discussion. You deride other people's ideas as "fanfic" while treating your own theories as foundational. You're shouting. Your posts are increasingly rude. I don't see any point in continuing with this.

It's not possible that a dying Rhaenys convinced Aegon on Dragonstone to make peace to stop the devastation that almost annihilated the entire dornish population, right? It must be the absurdity that Aegon and Aenys didn't care about the Queen even though Aenys gave the name Rhaena to his daughter, almost starved himself when he heard of his mother at Hellholt and Aegon ordered the biggest Sept of Remembrance to be built on Rhaenys Hill to honor her

Edited by KingAerys_II

6 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

I can't even follow what you're saying any more, sorry. Some of this is because of general syntax, which on the basis English may not be your first language I don't want to hold against you, but also because your points are veering all over the place.

I'm done here. You're clearly not actually interested in having a discussion. You deride other people's ideas as "fanfic" while treating your own theories as foundational. You're shouting. Your posts are increasingly rude. I don't see any point in continuing with this.

You posted about historical facts you can't understand 

Edited by KingAerys_II