I… HATE… SMOKING!!!

Ser Scot A Ellison

7 hours ago, LongRider said:

While that may be true, many still prefer to smoke.  From what I've been told, the high from edibles is not the same as from smoke.  Also, fear mongering about health risks tends to be unconvincing to folks who prefer to smoke pot.  Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, I guess.     :smoking:

Edibles are a different experience, and a longer commitment.

Well if we’re going by studies,Weed also tends to make your sperm sterile and lowers testosterone as per a few, so let’s not go there….

Look you guys can claim that putting these toxins (weed,alcohol,tobacco etc) in your body in moderation dosent harm it, but please be aware that the effects of this stuff accumulates over 10-20 years…the longer you use it the worse it will get for you in your later years. Eat healthy, work out and sleep 8–10 hours and avoid all this crap and you’ll lead much happier,healthier lives in the long term. And yeah fuck the smell. 

Most of this stuff is used to just avoid dealing with certain issues or to pass time/feel good. You can easily achieve that with the right hobbies/therapy.  

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

I sleep by 1030PM and wake up around 7-730AM so I definitely fall in that range. You’d be surprised at how well and long you could sleep  @Martell Spy when you work out every day and refrain from putting toxic substances in your body and avoiding electronic gadgets at night, replacing it with a good book instead. 

Sad reality is we all need that much sleep but we rarely give ourselves it due to stress and lifestyle choices.

7 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Edibles are a different experience, and a longer commitment.

A guy I knew from college had to hospitalised after eating one of them, he was unable to breath properly and his heart was racing really fast, if not for your own sakes, try to avoid exposing your families to this shit. Kids can easily eat one accidentally.

Sometimes I feel liberal states take things to far…there should be government control in substances which can alter your mental state and physical state, atleast for the drugs if not the alcohol/tobacco which is too deeply ingrained in society.

I was reading that the Vancouver government is now even allowing addicts access to heroine to avoid them ODing on the stuff….the Canadian Government’ has gone insane. Ditto with other Western countries.I guess all the lobbying money and taxes to be made from these drugs give them incentives….not to mention owning those business themselves and the vote banks from these groups…and in the end what it costs is ruining the lives of people, albeit in a ‘legal’ way. I know I wouldn’t want any kids in a state where they allow people to smoke this shit out in public for sure…what next - legalise Cocaine and Meth again ? How about MDMA or LSD cause they’re ‘soft’ drugs right ? Sigh, the worlds becoming a madhouse…

49 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

A guy I knew from college had to hospitalised after eating one of them, he was unable to breath properly and his heart was racing really fast, if not for your own sakes, try to avoid exposing your families to this shit. Kids can easily eat one accidentally.

Sometimes I feel liberal states take things to far…there should be government control in substances which can alter your mental state and physical state, atleast for the drugs if not the alcohol/tobacco which is too deeply ingrained in society.

I was reading that the Vancouver government is now even allowing addicts access to heroine to avoid them ODing on the stuff….the Canadian Government’ has gone insane. Ditto with other Western countries.I guess all the lobbying money and taxes to be made from these drugs give them incentives….not to mention owning those business themselves and the vote banks from these groups…and in the end what it costs is ruining the lives of people, albeit in a ‘legal’ way. I know I wouldn’t want any kids in a state where they allow people to smoke this shit out in public for sure…what next - legalise Cocaine and Meth again ? How about MDM or LSD cause they’re ‘soft’ drugs right ? Sigh, the worlds becoming a madhouse…

What liberal states don't have government control of drugs? 

And as far as "giving addicts heroin" it's called harm reduction and it saves lives every single day. The "giving heroin" is part of a mulitpronged public health approach to addiction that also includes access to clean needles, fentanyl testing, narcan availability, and recovery resources.  I have people I love who are ALIVE because of such policies. 

You are speaking from a position of profound ignorance.

MDMA and LSD might not be perfectly safe but they have legitimate therapeutic uses.  LSD has incredibly low toxicity compared to almost any prescription drug in existence.  And they are both incredibly heavily regulated.  

If you think it's bad when kids live in a place where people can smoke weed in public you should see what happens when you put kids in jail for smoking weed instead.

Edited by Larry of the Lawn

I don't mind the smell but I sympathize with those who do.

The reason I don't mind is psychological, almost insidiously so in a way, as best as I can tell...

Growing up in the 70's/80's with parents who owned a restaurant, my mom who never smoked a day in her life would come home with the smell of cigarette smoke clinging to her.

It should have been the smell of garlic, oregano, tomato sauce, etc. But because of the times it was smoke that overrode all that. Now, when I smell cigarettes, I get reminded of how I felt as a 5-year-old whose mommy had just come home when he hadn't seen her all day.

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Well if we’re going by studies,Weed also tends to make your sperm sterile and lowers testosterone as per a few, so let’s not go there….

Look you guys can claim that putting these toxins (weed,alcohol,tobacco etc) in your body in moderation dosent harm it, but please be aware that the effects of this stuff accumulates over 10-20 years…the longer you use it the worse it will get for you in your later years. Eat healthy, work out and sleep 8–10 hours and avoid all this crap and you’ll lead much happier,healthier lives in the long term. And yeah fuck the smell. 

Most of this stuff is used to just avoid dealing with certain issues or to pass time/feel good. You can easily achieve that with the right hobbies/therapy.  

2 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I was reading that the Vancouver government is now even allowing addicts access to heroine to avoid them ODing on the stuff….the Canadian Government’ has gone insane. Ditto with other Western countries.I guess all the lobbying money and taxes to be made from these drugs give them incentives….not to mention owning those business themselves and the vote banks from these groups…and in the end what it costs is ruining the lives of people, albeit in a ‘legal’ way. I know I wouldn’t want any kids in a state where they allow people to smoke this shit out in public for sure…what next - legalise Cocaine and Meth again ? How about MDM or LSD cause they’re ‘soft’ drugs right ? Sigh, the worlds becoming a madhouse…

As someone who has far more first hand experience than most about the harms of the drug strategy in the UK, which basically boils down to 'just say no' and no empathy or any understanding of the benefits of a holistic/public health approach to drugs (which is similar to the rest of the west) you are talking utter horseshit. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

39 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Growing up in the 70's/80's with parents who owned a restaurant, my mom who never smoked a day in her life would come home with the smell of cigarette smoke clinging to her.

Interesting.  I was born in 1971.  Both parents smoked.  Both sets of Grandparents smoked.  All my mother’s sisters smoked.  Only my father’s sister didn’t.

I have… always… always… always loathed smoking.

3 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

.... Now, when I smell cigarettes, I get reminded of how I felt as a 5-year-old whose mommy had just come home when he hadn't seen her all day.

Aww! :crying:

You poor pavlovian baby! That's the saddest/cutest/smokiest story I ever heard!!!!!!

:bawl:/:wub:/:pimp:

My momma smoked. Still does, even though she's in rough shape. 

Eta: Reading comp

Edited by Jace, Extat

5 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I have it on good authority that Bob Iger jams weed gummies up his butt.

1 hour ago, Jace, Extat said:

My momma smoked too. Still does, even though she's in rough shape. 

I totally get it. My mother has diabetes and still can’t resist eating sweets at every opportunity she gets, dosent smoke or drink at all though. It’s fucking ironic how we are most tempted by the very things that are the worst for us. 

Leaving aside the snide comments, I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree guys. I can’t convince y’all to put aside your joints and your pills/edibles, and you won’t convince me that clean living isnt the best solution and prevents harming yourself and the people around you far more than the alternatives. 

24 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Leaving aside the snide comments, I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree guys. I can’t convince y’all to put aside your joints and your pills/edibles, and you won’t convince me that clean living isnt the best solution and prevents harming yourself and the people around you far more than the alternatives. 

I haven't touched drugs in 22+ years, but i can see that there are better/worse approaches to dealing with their associated issues than putting our heads in the sand. 

25 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

and you won’t convince me that clean living isnt the best solution

What's "clean" about it? You can live your own life however you want, but be careful about conceptualising other people's life choices with language that evokes moralistic disgust. Living in a way that doesn't optimise health (itself a somewhat nebulous concept) isn't "dirty."

15 minutes ago, Liffguard said:

What's "clean" about it? You can live your own life however you want, but be careful about conceptualising other people's life choices with language that evokes moralistic disgust. Living in a way that doesn't optimise health (itself a somewhat nebulous concept) isn't "dirty."

I don’t know man, clean living is a pretty objective, health related term. The clean dosent refer to moral issues, rather ‘clean from unhealthy toxins’. I certainly didn’t use it to convey moralistic disgust, let me be clear. Just used it in the fitness context. If people took any other meanings from it than I apologise. 

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Interesting.  I was born in 1971.  Both parents smoked.  Both sets of Grandparents smoked.  All my mother’s sisters smoked.  Only my father’s sister didn’t.

I have… always… always… always loathed smoking.

My mother never smoked, my grandmother never smoked. My mother would not allow anyone who did smoke to smoke in our house...ever.

So it was a unique and different smell when she'd come home.

My dad was a smoker before I was born. He quit when my mom was pregnant with me. Another memory from the times I was 3-6 years old, every time my dad left for work I'd get a piece of bubble gum from him.

Why my dad never smelled like smoke...he always wore a perfume/cologne concoction of his own mixture that was so strong it overpowered any other smell. 

36 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I don’t know man, clean living is a pretty objective, health related term. The clean dosent refer to moral issues, rather ‘clean from unhealthy toxins’. I certainly didn’t use it to convey moralistic disgust, let me be clear. Just used it in the fitness context. If people took any other meanings from it than I apologise. 

Kind of a strange approach to claim you're referring to objective terms and then throw science out the window in favor of a couple anecdotes.  

1 hour ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I don’t know man, clean living is a pretty objective, health related term. The clean dosent refer to moral issues, rather ‘clean from unhealthy toxins’. I certainly didn’t use it to convey moralistic disgust, let me be clear

“Toxins” and “clean” are both loaded bullshit term, and basically boils down to a subjective list of “ever-shifting stuff/activities I think might be bad”.  Hence the moralistic overtone - do you include sugar in your list of “unclean” things, or is there some kind of objective split you can make with it?  Is nicotine ok because of its brain effects, or is it bad because someone could overdose on it?  What about factory farmed meat? Antibiotics? GMOs?