Marvel's Multiverse of Maddening Returns

Myrddin

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Of course the video itself is 8.5 minutes of saying absolutely nothing. But the thumbnail is hilarious. 

So like almost every video blog on YouTube.

I think we can put a fork in The Marvels. It's done.

$200 million worldwide. 43 days in theaters and as of yesterday, it's only playing on 220 screens domestically; down from 3,000 just over 3 weeks ago.

Between this and Aquaman 2, we're going to see two sequels to billion dollar films become some of the biggest bombs of all time. I don't think that's happened before. 

For reference, John Carter had a production budget of $263 million after incentives and a global box office of $284 million.  However, there are claims that after home video and TV revenues, that thing might have reached break even.

This is insane.

23 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

They’ll make a ton of money next year with Deadpool 3 and everyone will have forgotten this failure 

Important distinction that the Deadpool films are superhero parodies and not superhero films. 

At this point I wouldn't make any assumptions about how that film will perform. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll probably do well but I wouldn't be surprised if it was down from the previous DP films.

And DP3 is literally the only thing they have slated for next year. What happens after that? 

7 hours ago, sifth said:

It's the opposite for me. I didn't like the second one very much.

Me too. Both concepts weren't very interesting to me. The story for the first one was at least decently noirish but I just didn't care that much, and the second one featured some of the most boring heroes and a fairly dull fight. 

I tend to prefer the darker ones anyway, but even with that it just wasn't that great.

6 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I think we can put a fork in The Marvels. It's done.

$200 million worldwide. 43 days in theaters and as of yesterday, it's only playing on 220 screens domestically; down from 3,000 just over 3 weeks ago.

My daughter and I hadn't yet gone to see this.  First Marvel movie in a long time that we hadn't seen within a week of release.  Looked to go see it on Friday...and couldn't find it in any of our local theaters.  Decided that we could wait until Disney+

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

And DP3 is literally the only thing they have slated for next year. What happens after that? 

I think the 4th Captain America film is the next one after Dead Pool 3. I've heard the new Captain America film is having a lot of issues. It's testing very poorly and they're reshooting a lot of the film as a result. I've even heard they're bring in a new writer, for these massive reshoots, but I'm not sure if that's common or not though.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

I think the 4th Captain America film is the next one after Dead Pool 3. I've heard the new Captain America film is having a lot of issues. It's testing very poorly and they're reshooting a lot of the film as a result. I've even heard they're bring in a new writer, for these massive reshoots, but I'm not sure if that's common or not though.

And they pushed it back almost a full year.

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Is the animation any better in season 2? I couldn’t stand the way What If? looked and that prevented me getting more than 10 mins into any episode.

It's exactly the same.

Episode one of What If...animation, concept, general story...all perfectly acceptable, fine even, despite being. Guardians story...but then it goes and features Howard the Duck...ugh...

Episode two? Another (adjacent) Guardians story...? Ugh.

Episode three was kinda fun...

Edited by Jaxom 1974