Football Varararararararararararia Hosannah in Excelsis

BigFatCoward

34 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

In other news.

Looks like PG might get his wish from the previous thread.

If Newcastle don't interfere with the release fee bargain.

Personally, I'd find it immensely funny, if United don't want to spend on a forward while Martial is still on the books and Newcaste want to buy in other positions and Guirassy ends up at Palace (or somewhere like that) to continue his red hot streak of form there.

i'm always against buying someone who suddenly has a red hot streak who's done not much previously, especially at 27. 

Then again, he's definitely worth £17.5 million and we need further cover up front and to stretch our budget as much as possible. 

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

There's hardly any difference. 

It's a difference of about 2.5m. Not a huge difference for an EPL club, esp. not for one that is used as a sportwashing vehicle for a petrostate, still...

Anyway, in other Bundesliga transfer targets.

I am curious where Justin Diehl (Köln) ends up.

If you haven't heard of him, than you know little about youth football.

Diehl is considered Köln's brigthest talent since Wirtz. He started to train with their Senior squad last season age 18 and was supposed to get fully integrated into their first team this season. However, what happened was, that his agent (Rogon, who is a real piece of work) turned down Köln's negotiations for a new contract and told the club that Diehl would be buggering off to greener pastures at the end of the season. And there are rumoredly a couple of Bundesliga clubs lining up to sign him.

Köln (well Baumgart actually) in turn then put Diehl into their reserve/u23 squad, and Diehl is lighting it up in Regional Liga West (4th tier). His haul there 10 goals in 17 games, not bad for a winger (inside forward actually). And all the opposing teams are aware, that he is the best offensive player in the league and are already tighting things up as to not give him that much space to punish them with his pace.

Köln could do with some more firepower upfront, so Baumgart has been pushed recently on the issue of Diehl. His response was something along the lines. We didn't close door on him, it was the other way round [local lad, we offered him a clear way into the first team etc.]. I'd love to turn him into a Bundesliga player, but not as a guest player, who leaves after six months. There's got to be some commitment on his part. As things stand I'd rather work with youngsters who are committed [have long term contracts] to the club.

So that's gonna resolved in January, when he can finally officially talk with another club. Chances are he follows WIrtz path and just moves to the other side of the Rhine and joins Leverkusen. Stuttgart are rumoredly also in the running.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

Considering some of our best attacking players haven't been at their best this season, to be top of the league is wild. I really think we're going to do it this season.

Having their best games of the season, Saka and Odegaard were brilliant today. As was Trossard, quietly taking care of business in the centre of the park.

And as for Declan Rice. Signing of the year? I've literally not heard one complaint about his price tag. Except from jealous pundits and opposing fans. He is definitely an upgrade on last season's Xhaka, who was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

And as for Declan Rice. Signing of the year? I've literally not heard one complaint about his price tag. Except from jealous pundits and opposing fans. He is definitely an upgrade on last season's Xhaka, who was brilliant.

Come on, he cost the same as Jude and Harry. He's in nobody's conversation for player of the year so far, which he should be for that price. 

He's playing well but at his absolute best isn't worth that fee (unless you win the league).