Jump to content

UK Politics: Rwanda Rehash


Maltaran
 Share

Recommended Posts

I highly recommend watching this if you are interested in understanding context for humour. Tell all the jokes you want about your own darkness, be very careful joking about other people's darkness (or better yet, just don't). It's really about as easy as knowing if you can say the N word without being inappropriate or not. Hint, for most if us it's always inappropriate to say the N-word, just likes it's always inappropriate for almost everyone on the planet to tell a [spousal] rape joke.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Christ did anyone actually read the joke? 

Well, about 15 people found it deeply offensive and either explicitly or indirectly a bit rapey.

And once again you are on the other side, the last bastion for common sense and the 'PC gone mad brigade'.

Have you seen the Mitchell and Webb  'are we the baddies' skit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well, about 15 people found it deeply offensive and either explicitly or indirectly a bit rapey.

And once again you are on the other side, the last bastion for common sense and the 'PC gone mad brigade'.

Have you seen the Mitchell and Webb  'are we the baddies' skit? 

Well sorry if I don’t take all that seriously, the bad faith pearl clutching of people who regularly pearl clutch in bad faith. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

And once again you are on the other side, the last bastion for common sense and the 'PC gone mad brigade'.

Been chuckling away at this discussion for the past few days.

I mean, is anyone at all surprised by HoI's spirited, yet curiously pathetic, balls-deep defence of yet another stupidly horrible cunt? I'm not. 

Edited by Spockydog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Christ did anyone actually read the joke? 

 

You know how people often fuck at night, to the point where the common term for fucking someone is to sleep with them?

You know how he said 'a little bit of Rophynol in her drink every night'? 

You know how he didn't say it on any random day, but specifically on the day he'd just announced legistlation to do with Rophynol as a date rape drug?

 

It's a little weird that that needed explaining, but put all that together and even if you believe he didn't meant it that way and was 'only' referring to keeping his wife docile, him being so stupid as to not realise that's how it would be taken is, as I said earlier, in itself an indication of him being too stupid for office.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is absolutely in the public interest.

The Home Secretary (who is in charge of the police, etc) essentially saying that date rape drugs are bad, should be taken seriously, is taken seriously by the government… and then makes a joke about drugging his wife, suggests that in fact he (and by extension the government) in fact do not take it seriously.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You know how people often fuck at night, to the point where the common term for fucking someone is to sleep with them?

Not if you are married! ^_^

But look, he joked he mildly sedated his wife at night so that she wouldn’t notice other men. That is the literal meaning of what he said. You for some reason, are inventing an entire scenario where actually his intention is to rape her. This is literally a figment of your imagination and honestly it says far more about you than it does about Cleverly. Of course you can make his words mean what ever you want them to mean if you just throw in things from the darkest parts of your mind. 
 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

You know how he didn't say it on any random day, but specifically on the day he'd just announced legistlation to do with Rophynol as a date rape drug

Yes you didn’t consider that it popped into his head precisely because he’d been talking about it all day? 

 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

It's a little weird that that needed explaining, but put all that together and even if you believe he didn't meant it that way and was 'only' referring to keeping his wife docile, him being so stupid as to not realise that's how it would be taken is, as I said earlier, in itself an indication of him being too stupid for office.

 

What’s weird is that you need to ignore the explicit and obvious point of the joke and add your own nefarious take, for it to fit your narrative.. and then wonder why other people might take issue with that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Hey, Brexiteers. 

First you won the right to have a blue passport. Now you can buy a bottled pint of wine from Tescos.

Fucking cretins, every single one of you. 

 

If it was a pint of wine in a glass from the bar, every woman in my life would be on board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standard wine bottle is 750ml right? A pint is 568ml.

A standard 4 litre wine cask decants into exactly 7 pint bottles (if you give away an extra 3ml per bottle for free), but decants into 5 750ml bottles with 250ml left over.

A cunning plan to repackage unsold cask wine and mark up the price, for patriotism?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...