Marvel: The Echo of Profitability

Rhom

Ineson's getting a lot of that sort of work, which is great for him. Very distinctive voice.

I had no idea this film was going to be set in the 1960s. That's pretty cool. There'd better be at least one direct homage to Kirby's illustrations.

Posted (edited)

So is this their replacement Thanos, now that Kang has clearly failed them?

I love Ineson, he's a great actor and was amazing as Cid in FF:16 last summer; not to mention The Witch and AGoT's in years past. I just hope they let him keep his Yorkshire accent. Don't get me wrong, he's shown he has a decent American accent, like the one he used on The Legend of Vox Machina, but much like Cumberbatch, I prefer him using his natural voice and accent.

Edited by sifth

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Galactus cannot have a Yorkshire accent. I don’t know what accent he should have but it ain’t Yorkshire.

Why not, take the risk Disney, lol

16 minutes ago, sifth said:

Why not, take the risk Disney, lol

Speaking as an average American... We think all accents from the British Isles (and honestly Australia a lot of times) sound alike and British accents sound uppity and frightening.  Go for it.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Speaking as an average American... We think all accents from the British Isles (and honestly Australia a lot of times) sound alike and British accents sound uppity and frightening.  Go for it.  :lol: 

You know nuthin' Rhom Snow. :lol: 

Galactus will just sound like Starks to Americans.

Purple Guy in the North!

Reminds me of when Dave Prowse was mortally offended at George Lucas when he found out they'd dubbed his lines as Darth Vader over with James Earl Jones.

David Prowse being the proud owner of a very strong West Country accent. 

I mean... it feels like this is the perfect opportunity to really go all in on the future and have AI recreate Orson Welles' Unicron as a voiceover.  :dunno: 

On 5/10/2024 at 7:24 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He's thrown the thing over a planet, what have you ever done? 

Daredevil: Born Again Release Set for March 2025, First Trailer Shown Behind Closed Doors
Charlie Cox will finally return next year in new MCU Disney Plus show.

https://www.ign.com/articles/daredevil-born-again-gets-first-official-look

Nearly two years after officially announcing a new Daredevil TV show was in development, Disney has officially provided release info for its upcoming Disney+ series Daredevil: Born Again. As part of Disney Upfront 2024, Marvel Studios shared that the new series will be out March 2025 while showing the first trailer behind closed doors.

The new trailer, which has not been released as of publication, shows Matt Murdock donning the iconic Daredevil suit while narrating that the "entire system is against you... it's often Davis vs. Goliath." It includes among other things glimpses of Kingpin, Foggy, and Karen, the latter two who were confirmed to be returning earlier this year. At the end of the trailer, following a brief action sequence, Murdock is asked "what kind of a lawyer are you."

"A really good one," he quips as he puts on a broken pair of his familiar glasses.

Marvel put out a new synopsis of Deadpool & Wolverine.

Marvel Studios presents their most significant mistake to date – Deadpool & Wolverine. A listless Wade Wilson toils away in civilian life. His days as the morally flexible mercenary, Deadpool, behind him. When his homeworld faces an existential threat, Wade must reluctantly suit-up again with an even more reluctantlier… reluctanter? Reluctantest? He must convince a reluctant Wolverine to – Fuck. Synopses are so fucking stupid.

19 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Marvel put out a new synopsis of Deadpool & Wolverine.

There's also this: https://www.ign.com/articles/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-wolverine-trailer-qr-code-disclaimer

The QR code led to another video that was promptly shared online of Reynolds reading a disclaimer for the film, full of quips about the "paper-thin" sequel.

"We're very excited to be joining you July 26," Reynolds says in the video. "Many of you are very excited. But we should set the table correctly. This film is as paper-thin as a sequel to Battlefield Earth. We're mostly going to beat each other senseless, make enemies with Disney, tell a few dick jokes, make a few jokes at my expense, make a lot of jokes at Hugh's expense, and completely sidestep Marvel's mandated after-credits sequence, which if you haven't figured it out yet, is always just a commercial for another movie which will invariably end with a commercial for another movie.

So sit back, relax, let us lower your IQ and raise your heart rate while we travel to a vapid Dreamland, a place where grown men and grown women walk around in tights and act like it's not a giant cultural cry for help."