NFL Playoffs 2024: How The Hell Are The Lions In The Final Four??? Inconceivable!

I'd say it's time for him to ride off in the sunset. Will be tough though since he made it known he wants to continue coaching, hard for someone with that much success to go out that way.

I'd be 100% fine with him coaching the Bears and being GM there too; it can't be any worse than the last...uh

(checks notes)

16 fucking years what the actual fuck

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'd be 100% fine with him coaching the Bears and being GM there too; it can't be any worse than the last...uh

(checks notes)

16 fucking years what the actual fuck

So you want a team with a shaky roster to hire a GM who is bad at drafting? Especially when you're in a weird QB situation and he completely has failed without TB. Bold strategy, Cotton. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

So you want a team with a shaky roster to hire a GM who is bad at drafting? Especially when you're in a weird QB situation. Bold strategy, Cotton. 

It probably wouldn't work! But it would almost certainly be better than what the Bears have had so far and be an improvement in both weekly coaching and overall personnel evaluation. It ain't like it's gonna be any worse than the Jay Cutler/Mitch Trubisky/Justin Fields eras have been. 

I mean...just last year the Bears actually had on their roster Nathan Peterman. Willingly. I don't believe anyone forced them to do that. Someone made the observation that that was what they should do. That's totally the Chris Conte rule all over again. 

Edited by Kalbear

On 1/24/2024 at 10:14 AM, Kalbear said:

but pointing out that he can go from near perfect accuracy to multiple ints is a fact.

Sure.  As is you ignoring basic data and/or expanding the definition of "inconsistent" to qualify literally every quarterback that played this year.

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

I'd say it's time for him to ride off in the sunset. Will be tough though since he made it known he wants to continue coaching, hard for someone with that much success to go out that way.

He’s only 14 wins behind Shula for the record. I’m sure that’s a big part of it. 

26 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

He’s only 14 wins behind Shula for the record. I’m sure that’s a big part of it. 

That and tying Brady. The latter likely will never happen and as far as getting the record goes, unless he goes to a ready made team with a QB it could possibly take three seasons.

9 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

That and tying Brady. The latter likely will never happen and as far as getting the record goes, unless he goes to a ready made team with a QB it could possibly take three seasons.

Belichik has 8 rings, Brady has 7. Yes 2 were as def coordinator but he still has 8.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Belichik has 8 rings, Brady has 7. Yes 2 were as def coordinator but he still has 8.

History won't care. If he doesn't win as the HC without Brady the latter will get the lion's share of the credit. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

History won't care. If he doesn't win as the HC without Brady the latter will get the lion's share of the credit. 

I mean, when you really think about it what "history" is this you're referring to?  Podcasts 20 years from now?  Belichick will go down as the greatest coach ever and Brady will go down as the greatest QB ever.  The competition between the two when it comes to rings ultimately is just their two egos.  Plus, they both cheated together.  No one can take that away.

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, when you really think about it what "history" is this you're referring to?  Podcasts 20 years from now?  Belichick will go down as the greatest coach ever and Brady will go down as the greatest QB ever.  The competition between the two when it comes to rings ultimately is just their two egos.  Plus, they both cheated together.  No one can take that away.

I meant who gets more credit.

And Mahomes would like a word. Tomorrow should be fun. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

He's had the best start to any career.

Sure.  Obviously that's not the same.  Fairly certain even Mahomes himself wouldn't consider himself the GOAT at this time.

58 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sure.  Obviously that's not the same.  Fairly certain even Mahomes himself wouldn't consider himself the GOAT at this time.

He seems like an unusually humble guy and I don't think it's an act. 

3 hours ago, Jace, Extat said:

It's a different sport than 2000. 

Brady is and always will be the Goat because he played in a league that didn't bend over backwards to fluff quarterback performances.

His legacy also happened because of one of the worst calls ever and he did next to nothing during that run. But he got a ring...

We are post Brady/Bellichek World, time to let them be admirably remembered but in the rear view, their era is finito and hopefully stays that way because theyve sucked up enough oxygen in rooms to last 20 yrs.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit