The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #8

LongRider

12 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

I'd wear those myself!  They're beautiful.  :love:  

Yeah, they are absolutely gorgeous. And so much more interesting than yer common or garden gold and silver pieces.

Etsy is great. I've found so many nice things on there. I've been on a bit of a rampage recently. 

Trying to decide between two pairs of Vagabond shoes. To be worn with smart, slim fitting trousers, just touching the ankle.

Cameron Derby

Cameron Loafer

I really like the chonkiness of the loafers. Hecc, the derby is pretty chonky too.

I've heard good things about this brand, so imma ignore the spoon-faced, nation-wrecking connotations associated with the moniker of these shoes. :D

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

Go with the loafers.

Yeah, I think you're right. The Derby looks a bit like a juiced-up rozzer shoe.

Edited by Spockydog

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, I think you're right. The Derby looks a bit like a juiced-up rozzer shoe.

Are men's high heels fashionable in the UK? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Are men's high heels fashionable in the UK? 

High heels, not so much. Shoes with big thick chonky soles, very much so.

I think it's an Asian trend, perhaps kicked off by the K-pop chaps. But what the hecc do I know? I'm just a fifty-five-year old codger who happens to like the aesthetic of this particular fashion, particularly when styled with smart, slim, flat-fronted strides.

17 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

High heels, not so much. Shoes with big thick chonky soles, very much so.

I think it's an Asian trend, perhaps kicked off by the K-pop chaps. But what the hecc do I know? I'm just a fifty-five-year old codger who happens to like the aesthetic of this particular fashion, particularly when styled with smart, slim, flat-fronted strides.

You all just want to be Austin Powers. 

Catching up on work at the weekend. A bizarre concept, because what have I been doing all week that I have to catch up on work? More work. There’s an odd balance of equal shame and virtue in catching up on work at the weekend. Because Aw you have to work on the weekend you poor thing that’s awful, wow employers do take such savage advantage of one these days! And because Aw damn, really, can’t you do something about it like delegate more or smarten up your time management? But at the same time, it’s also, Wow you’re working at the weekend, damn you must be important and irreplaceable that you absolutely have to work, way to go! As well as Damm aren’t you super dedicated and motivated and committed, way to go! 
Bleh. Can someone please decide and tell me which way I’m supposed feel about it, so I can have one less cognitive dissonance to navigate? In fact I’m fine with either option as long as it’s not the personality splitting coexistence of both. Boy I better get that raise I asked for. 

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I didn’t see it but apparently I could have if I’d gone to a bunch of places in easy driving distance. That’s fairly annoying.:frown5:

You might get another opportunity tonight. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

It amazes me to see how The Simpsons can be quoted on virtually every topic imaginable!

And it doubly amazes me to see how Simpsons fans can first, remember there was something suitable, and second, find the damn thing!

Bravo!

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Just been shopping with wife (I normally go alone) and she put tinned sweetcorn in the vegetables bag at the checkout. Tell me she's not a sociopath. 

"Harry, it's an inanimate fucking object."

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Just been shopping with wife (I normally go alone) and she put tinned sweetcorn in the vegetables bag at the checkout. Tell me she's not a sociopath. 

You should seriously weigh up how psychologically damaging a divorce would be to your children

Posted (edited)

After much research and deliberation, I have decided to get my new set of chompers in the beautiful nation of Croatia. The clinic I have chosen is a quarter of the price of London dentists, and the facilities look world class.

I shall be travelling in the next couple of weeks. Never been to Croatia before. Might go and have a look at Kings Landing.

Edited by Spockydog

25 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

After much research and deliberation, I have decided to get my new set of chompers in the beautiful nation of Croatia. The clinic I have chosen is a quarter of the price of London dentists, and the facilities look world class.

I shall be travelling in the next couple of weeks. Never been to Croatia before. Might go and have a look at Kings Landing.

Dog walk of shame or the trip was a lie!