3 Body Problem (Show Spoilers Only)

IFR

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I enjoyed the show but it does annoy me they put a number in the title instead of spelling out Three.

Why? IMO it is a very succinct way to make the title different from the book version and the Chinese adaptation, as well as the general physics problem. When the 3 is used, we are talking about the Netflix version without needing to say so. Writing Three means people would need to specify every single time.

5 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

The more time passes, the more I think that the Tencent version was so much better than the Netflix one. That's the sequel I'm most looking forward to.

Not for me. I think this is only true for book readers. Noone coming in fresh to the story like me prefers that version.

Edited by Hippocras

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Today renewal for second second season announced by Netflix.

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni64589289/?ref_=nws_nwr_li

Excellent.

I think more people are going to give it a try now, knowing the story will continue. And if Bridgerton this week is anything to go by, everyone will do a re-watch in the week or two before season 2 starts. :D

Press are noting that the announcement is a bit unusual -- Netflix is not calling it a second season and is not specifying how many episodes are in the order. Could indicate that the additional episodes are all that fans will get of the show, as Netflix has determined it's too expensive for the returns they get from it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ran said:

Press are noting that the announcement is a bit unusual -- Netflix is not calling it a second season and is not specifying how many episodes are in the order. Could indicate that the additional episodes are all that fans will get of the show, as Netflix has determined it's too expensive for the returns they get from it.

I am reasonably optimistic this is not the case for a few reasons:

1. D&D clearly stated several weeks ago that they had no interest in doing more of the show if they could not finish the trilogy properly. So if they agreed to do it at all, that means Netflix has committed to the full thing. The only exception would be if D&D had pulled out but Netflix was continuing anyway. But given that an extended deal with D&D was announced along with the renewal that is not what is going on.

2. They have also said they don't know exactly how many episodes or seasons the full trilogy would need just yet. Netflix can't be very specific about the renewal length if they don't have it pinned down yet. So it is quite normal that the details were fuzzy if all they can say for sure is that they are renewing for more than a season 2 but unclear how much more.

3. This is a show that is very very likely to have more viewers for season 2 than season 1. Even if the numbers were not as exceptional as they might have liked, they were still good, and meanwhile the plans for the 2nd season, which D&D are already far along with developing, are obviously something Netflix has confidence in.

Edited by Hippocras