Football - ignore, duplicate thread.

21 pages for the old thread. 

I sort of get what he is saying, Haaland is a bit limited when he isn't scoring or getting the service he requires.  But after crippling his dad, it was a bit below the belt to say he is barely a league 2 player. 

In other news, more injuries and dropped points at home to teams we should be beating.  Just treading water now, I almost don't care if we don't scrape into one of the shitty European competitions, they just seem to knacker squads out. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

21 pages for the old thread. 

I sort of get what he is saying, Haaland is a bit limited when he isn't scoring or getting the service he requires.  But after crippling his dad, it was a bit below the belt to say he is barely a league 2 player. 

In other news, more injuries and dropped points at home to teams we should be beating.  Just treading water now, I almost don't care if we don't scrape into one of the shitty European competitions, they just seem to knacker squads out. 

"We" - do you mean United? Not qualifying for Europe might help with trimming the squad and keeping them fitter, but it also reduces the income meaning it's harder to keep within FFP and buy players, especially when there are huge wage bills that can't be shifted. Any way you look at it, acquiring a squad that can properly compete in the PL for will require patience over multiple years.

And Keano - yeah, don't go there, lad.

4 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

"We" - do you mean United? Not qualifying for Europe might help with trimming the squad and keeping them fitter, but it also reduces the income meaning it's harder to keep within FFP and buy players, especially when there are huge wage bills that can't be shifted. Any way you look at it, acquiring a squad that can properly compete in the PL for will require patience over multiple years.

Yes, but not in the way you probably mean.

13 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

So ... Newcastle or West Ham?

Yes, fun as this season was with the start against PSG, we've looked leggy from the start.  if we have to play in the Europa league/conference and get knackered from all the extra fixtures and travel, i'd rather not bother. 

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yes, fun as this season was with the start against PSG, we've looked leggy from the start.  if we have to play in the Europa league/conference and get knackered from all the extra fixtures and travel, i'd rather not bother. 

The injury toll's been unbelievable. But going forward, it'll be interesting to see how Toon progress. The way I see it, you're supposedly "the richest club in the world", but you can't spend the money to get a decent Champions League squad due to FFP, and you can't be confident of breaking into the Top 4 (maybe 5?) on a regular basis unless you get the income that comes with CL matches. Seems like a vicious cycle, the kind critics said FFP was designed to do to aspiring clubs.

Still, who knows, Liverpool might fall apart post-Klopp, and City might actually get a proper punishment leaving a door ajar for you!

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Still, who knows, Liverpool might fall apart post-Klopp, and City might actually get a proper punishment leaving a door ajar for you!

I'm hoping for both of those, though not expecting city to be punished enough to free up another spot anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm hoping for both of those, though not expecting city to be punished enough to free up another spot anytime soon. 

Yeah, but doing them for 30-40 points would not be unjust, in my opinion.

Newcastle are just going to increase Saudi Arabia affiliated sponsorships over the next few years which will increase their spending power. Related party sponsorships aren't really being strictly enforced by either UEFA or the Premier League. Newcastle already have a squad good enough to at least compete for the top 4 or 5. The only reason they aren't this season is because of the injuries.

ETA. this thread should probably be merged with the one PG opened yesterday. There's three open football threads right now. @mormont

Edited by Consigliere

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Newcastle are just going to increase Saudi Arabia affiliated sponsorships over the next few years which will increase their spending power. Related party sponsorships aren't really being strictly enforced by either UEFA or the Premier League. Newcastle already have a squad good enough to at least compete for the top 4 or 5. The only reason they aren't this season is because of the injuries.

ETA. this thread should probably be merged with the one PG opened yesterday. There's three open football threads right now. @mormont

I've changed the title so people ignore this one.  I've even commented in the other new one, stupid twat. 

Edited by BigFatCoward