Boskone Con Reports: Primordial Urges Abound

And more importantly....

George has food poisoning. He still wants to do the pizza crawl, but he may not be able to. Parris will probably make that call, as he is stubborn about such things.

Aw, crap! [no pun intended] Hope he feels better, as New Haven pizza is a treat I'm sure he'd enjoy. On a more selfish note, I was really looking forward to meeting him, Parris and some of the regulars on this board for the first time. There's nothin' like coming out of the closet at a bar called Bar on gay night. :P

I actually laughed out loud reading about Primordial Man. Just the name cracks me up. I'm glad everyone had a great time and sorry that I had some unexpected bills and couldn't make it. Can't wait to see the pics. Ah well, I just may have to wait until Saratoga to meet some of you.

A great con. Just what I needed. Huge thanks must go to Stego and the amazing Lady Stego. He is a major hero for putting us all up in his house for some of the days and doing his very best to make sure everything run well. Hopefully we didn't break budgets like last year. :)

And hope GRRM is feeling better today. He was very determined (and excited) to make the first official BwB pizza crawl but seems like he was very sick yesterday. Although it did give us a chance to entertain Parris for several hours in the hotel. :P

Thoughts and impressions...

Ro will be proud of me at the beginning. I got woefully lost as I tried to make it from the bus stop to the hotel (the directions on the website seemed very simple). Who knows where I would have ended up if I hadn't looked behind me and noticed the name of the hotel in the far distance. :wideeyed:

We got the chairs from the mezzanine not the lobby. :P That place was a lot quieter. Could easily walk from there to the elevators and back. We were noticed by staff when we were bringing them back though. 4 of us trooping down with a chair each was hard to miss I suppose. I loved the "I've never seen people like our furniture so much before" comment. Or something like that.

The staff also noticed us taking the beds back out in parts. Not sure what they made of that...

The pillow fight was a laugh. :lol: Not sure who attacked me while I was on the ground but I didn't even get the worst of it.

As for the "Blame Pod" t-shirts! Didn't see GRRM wear one. So there. :P Although I do believe he now owns one. :( Not sure what i'm going to do to punish everyone who wore them. :fence:

Hope we see McCloskey again. He really was a decent guy but it was hilarious when we tried to find him again after we sent him up the elevator.

Primordial Man...well, nothing much I can add to that. :)

Great that Lodey rang. It really isn't right to be at a con when he isn't. I do believe we got his food though.

I don't know what was the thing about getting me to sing. :P Oh, and I am hoping that there are no pics of that car ride to Stego's place. :bow:

The Gripe Session was interesting. First mass BwB walkout. (Although admittedly I almost missed it as I was hiding my face with my hands at how farcical the panel was. Luckily I caught up with the rest of us.). :lol:

I went straight from plane to work (although I haven't done much work yet ;)). Not feeling too bad though.

And basicly, great to see everyone again. Until next time. :)

Well my memory from Saturday is a little hazy for some reason... but I'm pretty sure I had a blast at the BwB party. It was great meeting you guys and getting to chill with George. However staggering into the 24 hour McDonalds sometime before dawn on Sunday and seeing the look on the cashiers face was truly priceless.....thanks for the Tattoos! And as far as my adventures in the elavator, any pictures would be appreciated.

So hope I didnt make too big of an ass out of myself. Cant wait for the next one!

Well my memory from Saturday is a little hazy for some reason... but I'm pretty sure I had a blast at the BwB party. It was great meeting you guys and getting to chill with George. However staggering into the 24 hour McDonalds sometime before dawn on Sunday and seeing the look on the cashiers face was truly priceless.....thanks for the Tattoos! And as far as my adventures in the elavator, any pictures would be appreciated.

So hope I didnt make too big of an ass out of myself. Cant wait for the next one!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The N00b's Triumphant Return!!

(Dude, you have already passed into Legend. And we hope to see you at another BwB shindig soon. :) )

However staggering into the 24 hour McDonalds sometime before dawn on Sunday and seeing the look on the cashiers face was truly priceless.....thanks for the Tattoos!

:lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Hope to see you back at Boskone next year. Mayhap you'll be successful in getting George to do a Boston pizza crawl. :)

:bow: Dude, you are our hero now! Has there ever been a better sport than our newest noob?!?

Alcohol... is there any problem it cant solve?

:lol:

And Balefont, darlin': I found myself singing "AAAALLLLLLIIIIIIISSSSSSOOOOOOOOONNNNN" in the shower Monday morning. Keep in mind I was at the gym. In public. So I stopped. For about five seconds. And then I started doing it again. It's addictive!

Everyone sing along now! "AAAAAALLLLLLIIIIIIISSSSSSOOOOOOOOOONNNNN"

It was great meeting you guys and getting to chill with George. However staggering into the 24 hour McDonalds sometime before dawn on Sunday and seeing the look on the cashiers face was truly priceless.....thanks for the Tattoos! And as far as my adventures in the elavator, any pictures would be appreciated.

:lol: Glad you had fun.

Lucky you!

I'm sorry we didn't get more of a chance to hang out, btw, but our schedules just didn't seem to mesh. When's your next con?

Probably Readercon in early July. I should also be at World Fantasy in November. Hopefully Worldcon too; it depends on my visa issues.

But yeah, hopefully we can hang out more at the next con.

On another note, I've been thinking about how, after Primordial Man, Plushie Frog Lady seemed like an old friend.

Wildfires?

Giant Meteors colliding with Earth and wiping out all life?

Finding out what happened to Shergar, Lord Lucan and Amelia Earhart?

Apart from those, I think it covers everything.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Wildfires? Only a problem if you're sober enough to care about property damage.

Giant meteors? You'd have to be drunk off your head to accept a suicide mission to drill into the asteroid and plant a nuke inside it.

What happened to those folks? Clearly, they got drunk and fell off of a chair and died.

Archived