Where to next?

LacyinTX

Just looking at GRRM's schedule for the rest of the year...

February 23-25, 2007 New York City Comicon, New York, New York

May 25-27, 2007 Opus Fantasy Arts Festival, Denver, Colorado

July 6-8, 2007, 2007 Guest of Honor at InConJunction, Indianapolis, Indiana

August 3-5, 2007 Guest of Honor at Trinoc*con, Durham, North Carolina

August 30-September 3, 2007 Nippon 2007 (Worldcon), Yokohama, Japan

November 1-4, 2007 World Fantasy Convention, Saratoga, NY

So people in the US have a good few opportunities to see him. The World Fantasy con is most likely to attract the biggest crowd (based on it having a host of big names like GRRM, Lynch, Bakker, Erikson etc and the fact that it is the one con that is already been talked about, ignoring Worldcon).

The others will depend on people deciding to start the ball rolling. Once one person decides to go, a few others are encouraged and things can roll on from there. :)

Jax,

For the entire BwB experience, I heartily recommend redirecting your energies towards World Fantasy Con. Indy is a nice little con, I'm sure, and you may get a few people. WFC will be like a pre-LA Worldcon. (And you have more time to save those vacation days.)

Your best bets, if I read the Boskone tea leaves correctly, is Kansas City (Conquest) in May, and World Fantasy in November in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I thought KC was the last weekend in May? according to his web site, George will be in Denver that weekend.

May 25-27, 2007

Opus Fantasy Arts Festival, Denver, Colorado

July 6-8, 2007, 2007

Guest of Honor at InConJunction, Indianapolis, Indiana

August 3-5, 2007

Guest of Honor at Trinoc*con, Durham, North Carolina

August 30-September 3, 2007

Nippon 2007 (Worldcon), Yokohama, Japan

November 1-4, 2007

World Fantasy Convention, Saratoga, NY

Yes, he will miss KC this year.

As I stated before -- the best place for a con this year, even better than the traditional Worldcon, will be World Fantasy Con.

yeah, it just so long until then *pouts*

Might have to join Ser Scot in NC.

I'd actually like to do both.

*starts saving money*

Well, hopefully I'll catch some of you at InCon in Indy this July... after trying to find a con with GRRM that I could get to for five years, he's finally coming to my home con.

For those unfamiliar with it, InConJunction is pretty nice for a smaller con... friendly people, lots of activities going on, and tons of craziness. I recommend it for anyone to try out, especially if you're in the midwest area. :)

Archived