Primordial Musings and Noob In An Elevator

Stego

Am I recovered you ask?

Hardly. I seem to have caught the flu or some such nastiness from the unwashed masses at Boskone this year. It's a wonder people don't die yearly from the diseased feces and booger particles that such as the Primordial Man bring into our parties.

But was it worth the sickness, stress, and hangovers, you ask?

Assuredly.

Boskone began for me on Thursday morning. Having the day off work, I traveled to the local alcoholic superstore and stocked up on much of the booze and beer needed for the weekends festivities. (A big thank you is due to X-Ray and Mr. X for their significant donation which covered the vast amount of the alcoholic supplies. They are to be commended yet again for their efforts in making another BWB party a memorable one.)

Then it was off to the hotel, where we began to collect boarders. The first arriving was everyones favorite King. Pod and I helped unload the Boskone truck, and were joined by Fenryng and Regina. Pod is incapable of setting up an art easel, by the way. He was forced to ask for help from the young girls who were long since finished assembling their own. (I was outside smoking, having completed my own 20 minutes previous.) While we were finishing up the set-up, Mo (Lady Stego) and Nate (Saint Murdoch, Ed Tollett) arrived and joined us.

To escape the social apocalypse that is the majority of the NESFA SMOFs, we retired to the hotel lobby, which doubles as a lounge. We were joined there by Frisco, Aoife, and Jo, (Ser Mel T, Melisandre's Twisted Sister)and later by Les Dabel, (of Dabel Brothers fame) Parris McBride, and some author fellow.

Aoife, George, and I ordered an appetizer platter that sounded good. 'Fried Chicken Firecracker' or some such nonsensical name. What it was in truth, was a 10 dollar chicken egg roll. A small one.

We were not thrilled.

Regina and Fenryng had wandered off, however. Come to find out, these treacherous, Frey-like cretins (I blame him, btw, Charlene is blameless, I do believe) went to Legal Seafood and did not think to invite any of the rest of us. I'm pretty sure this made Pod cry.

We stockpiled the alcohol in Pod's room, and Aoife, Jo, and Nate all came back to the Stego abode with Mo and I. We were pretty wiped, and didn't last very long.

The next morning, Jo went into the city with Mo, who had to work, alas, and Nate, Aoife and I tried to rest up a bit. (Jo was off on a quest with Parris. I think they slew a Dragon, but there is no video evidence either way.) We picked up Young Bull on the way to the city, then stopped on the outskirts of Boston to eat at Legal Seafood. (Fenryng's betrayal had given me a hankering for such.)

We got to the hotel and met up with the group as the con was beginning to start. Jo and Aoife volunteered to work registration, and so, due to Jo's addiction to the HBO masterpiece Rome, many of us were given Roman names on our badges. (With a definite nod to Kalbear and Rhelle.)

George = Biggus Diccus

Parris = Mater Familias

Jo = Attia of the Julii

Stego = Gaius Marius Stegosaurus

Mo = Maureen Livia

Young Bull = Mikus Anthony

Pod = Devilus Bunnicus (or something similar)

(I can't recall Aoife's name badge title. Sorry Aoife.)

Meanwhile, Frisco, Nate, Young Bull, Pod, Regina, and Fenryng were setting up the room for the party. As stated in the other thread, we had a double room with two large beds and only two chairs. This was simply not good enough for a Brotherhood soirée. They moved the beds out and into Aoife's room down the hall. (thanks all!)

Then Frisco, egged on by the nefarious Pod, no doubt, stole some chairs form the hotel mezzanine. Those few not being enough, Pod dragged my impressionable counsin Young Bull down to steal even more. Our room was pimped out for a party.

Frisco, Young Bull, and some other people (Nate? Pod?) went to get food, cups, bowls, drink mixers, etc from the grocery store. About this time, Fenryng came and asked me if I wanted to get some lunch, because he was starving.

It was bloody glorious to be able to tell him we had just come from Legal Seafood. :thumbsup:

I don't know that any (or at least many) people went to the con itself on that first day. I may have stopped by the dealers room.

X-Ray and Mr. X arrived. Kristen (The Alchemist) arrived. A lot of us went to the John M. Ford memorial auction. Some of us won some great ASoIaF stuff. (I , alas, was not one of them.)

when we returned to the room, George was already there, as was Daniel Abraham. They were discussing M. John Harrison and his recent essay on worldbuilding. When asked my opinion, I simply said:

"I think he's a pretentious snot."

Daniel agreed, though he admitted to omitting the 'snot' part. George, as per usual, kept his own counsel, though he seemed to enjoy the opinions, and did defend Viriconium a bit. This led into a conversation about Tolkien, of course. I do not know if there is anyone who respects Tolkien more than George, and he made some points that would probably have shut Harrison up, had he been there to hear them. (Though he did not aim them at Harrison, per se.)

Picture Interlude:

Daniel Abraham and I, listening to George.

The girls getting ready for the party - Regina, X-Ray, Aoife. Another.

Doug, Jo, and some decorations.

Young Bull is sleepy.

Stego, Les Dabel, Kristen, George, Regina.

Pod, and the newly skinny Young Bull.

Friday night was also a night wherein we added another great name to the BWB Pantheon of Horrors.

Behold!

The Primordial Man!!!

PM to Jo: "I have a primordial urge to spend the night with you."

PM to Yags' friend "Hey Darwin Man! You who speak of Darwin, I have something to say to you!" *is ignored*

"You who speak of Darwin, I have something to say to you!" *is ignored*

"YOU WHO SPEAK OF DARWIN, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU!!!" *is ignored*

"Someone tell that girl in the blue and white flowered shirt to come talk to me!" (referencing Aoife)

Young Bull to me "If we get him a pink shirt and black pants, he'd be the worlds biggest flamingo!"

Side view.

I think he just hit on Martha.

Jo and Martha.

Bid Chair for Montreal Worldcon and George.

Yags's buddies want to taste the bunny.

Lodey called during the party.

I wanted a picture with our new hero. (Yes, I'm drinking a coke. I paced myself this weekend. :P

Fenryng, Nate, and Les Dabel.

Jo, Aoife, Doug, Yagathai, Martha, Pod, and a very excited Nate.

Pod was breakdancing. (Later on that night, he was singing.)

The party ended around 3? 4? I'm not certain. George went to bed when Yags's buddies started talking about tea-bagging Primordial Man. Martha and Doug were kind enough to let us (Mo and I) crash in their room due to my bad back, but most of the crew crashed in the party room. (Word is that after a sexy pillow fight, Pod has his way with everyone in the room.)

To be continued........

Just because Mrs X, Aoife and Jo are all either grabbing or pinching my nipples in that one picture, I don't want people to think that my chest is a nipple-pinching-free-for-all-zone. My nipples are only pinchable in very, very specific settings and situations.

And yes, I get redfaced when I drink.

On Saturday, some of use went to my place to shower, and Martha and Doug came along for breakfast and to see my books.

No joy was had by X-Ray, however, in either her breakfast or in books. She quickly gave her partially digested morning meal back to the porcelain god, and near fell asleep on my couch instead of basking in the glory of my books.

Alas.

We returned to the con in time for George's reading. Martha crashed for the rest fo the day. (Though the trooper did make it out to the party that night.) Same for The Alchemist, who spent the day much like Martha did.

Our ladies are warriors, I tell you.

I bought more books.

We cleaned the wreckage that had been our room, and made it fit for party duty. (Pod had seemingly given birth to a Podling in the toilet and clogged it. I brought my own plunger from home so as not to alert the hotel to our radical changes to the rooms floor plan, and left that tainted plunger in the room.) We got more stuff for the party (mixers and stuff) and for the Australia bid party.

Young Bull and I helped bartend at the Australia party for a while, and so missed the first guest. (Primordial Man, I assume. He was there when I returned. He was the first guest the night before, and I had had to kick him out at evenings end. This night, it would be Young Bull that tossed him when bedtime came.)

Nick Mamatas (author of Move Under Ground), Stego, and Neil Clarke (of Clarkesworld Books).

Another.

Pod luring all the honeys into the party.

Pod, X-Ray, Yags, and Aoife.

Yags and Aoife. Another.

Stego, Young Bull, and the first appearance of a certain noob in the corner.

The triumphant return of THE FROG LADY!!!!!!!!

Yags, Aoife, Stego, Jo, Nate, and Martha out front.

Next up......Noob In An Elevator!!!

Just because Mrs X, Aoife and Jo are all either grabbing or pinching my nipples in that one picture, I don't want people to think that my chest is a nipple-pinching-free-for-all-zone. My nipples are only pinchable in very, very specific settings and situations.

And thank the gods that BosKone was one of them. I would have had a lesser time, Friday, without a round of Yag-nipple-pinching.

ETA: Great second set, William. And yes, I think it's abundantly clear that BwB Women are Party Warriors.

(in caes anyone's wondering, the other people in the pic with Froglady are Lady Stego, Ser Longrod and Regina.)

Regina and Fenryng had wandered off, however. Come to find out, these treacherous, Frey-like cretins (I blame him, btw, Charlene is blameless, I do believe) went to Legal Seafood and did not think to invite any of the rest of us. I'm pretty sure this made Pod cry.

Hey, don't let Pod fool you. He was the Tywin Lannister to Fenryng's Walder Frey, don't ya know. He planned Fenryng's betrayal of you, from start to finish. That's just one more reason to BLAME POD!!!

(And on that note, how'd I end up married to a Frey? It would explain some things about our wedding...)

THOSE PICTURES ARE SO NICE, EVEN THOUGH I NORMALLY LIKE HAVING SEX WITH GIRLS A LOT, IF I EVER GET TO SPEND A NIGHT WITH STEGO, I WILL FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

He's got a really loose rectum, so he prefers to be the pitcher, but perhaps you can sweet talk him.

THOSE PICTURES ARE SO NICE, EVEN THOUGH I NORMALLY LIKE HAVING SEX WITH GIRLS A LOT, IF I EVER GET TO SPEND A NIGHT WITH STEGO, I WILL FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

Well, naturally. I mean you are, as you said, "just like the guys in Revenge of the Nerds ... really incredible in the sack because you think about sex all the time."

Enter McCloskey!

This guy was friendly as hell. He searched out our room and brought his own booze. (Both beer and a bottle.) He talked some football with George, and they seemed to hit it off. But McCloskey liked his Miller Lite very much.

And very often.

After a while,George and I, and others were talking about books, I believe, but McCloskey kept screaming "Pats!" in his ear, every 30 seconds or so, apparently declaring his allegiance. Then he almost passed out on Jo, while appearing to be trying to lay his head on her neck -- despite how far she moved to get out of range.

Then he found a chair to crash on, and history began.

(Alison, Jay, thier friend, and Jay's sister had arrived amidst this. Unfortunately, I find I do not have any pics of them. It makes me emo.)

Jo and Frisco had a the passed-out noob with some temporary tattoos. Another.

And Again.

And yet again.

Hardcore flying nun Noob held onto his beer.

Party around the Noob.

Whose fault is this?

Someone decided it would be a good idea to carry the Noob, in his chair, to the elevator, and let him go for a ride.

Noob In An Elevator, on his way to the 16th floor.

We felt bad....... after we stopped laughing..... and found the noob, and returned him to the room, all without him having any idea of his adventure.

Young Bull: "You got HUGE lats man, what do you do to work out?

Primordial Man: *lifts his shirt to show suspenders UNDER his t-shirt, against the skin, and a stomach I am unable to express in mere words* "Does it look like I work out?"

"I have Man-Boobs that put Heather Graham to shame!!!"

Creepy Babylon Five guy was back, chatting with The Frog Lady and some lucky bloke.

Interesting story:

Cara Coville, son of Bruce Coville, a friend of the BWB, and long time attendant of our parties, said that Babylon 5 dude tried to get her and her friend to come to his house to do ether to get high.

Back when they were 14.

Hence, this pedophile member of the Pantheon of Horrors has been dubbed with a new name:

The Ether Bunny.

Aoife and Pod.

Young Bull.

X-Ray at her best.

We had a Filker, in costume, talking about all the freaks at the con. T'was hilarious.

Saint Murdoch and his Cadillac dreams.

Jo and Yags.

Frisco, Jo, and a Noob as the night winds down.

The morning after:

Young Bull and Lady Stego.

The Alchemist was *still* hung over from Friday night, on Sunday morning.

Jo has hot pajamas.

The ride home:

We were over packed into the Stegomobile, and so someone had to lay across the laps of the others.

Which lady would volunteer for this duty, you ask?

Your answer.

The others in the car.

Farewells:

Jo, Parris, and Stego.

I'm too tired and sick to write more. If anyone wants to tell the remaining stories, have at it.

And yes, there are more stories.

Archived