Tri-noc Con (NC, Aug 3-5): GRRM Literary Guest of Honor

Since I live in the Asheville area, I really cannot pass up going to the con. I'll be heading up with hopefully my partner in tow, but if she cannot make it; I'll definitely still be coming up.

As for info about the area; it's been a while since I've been up there, but being from NC (and spending ten years in Wilmington) any mom and pop BBQ place is greater than any other place when it comes to BBQ. I'll pop some messages to friends in that area about good places to eat and such.

Look forward to meeting some of ya'll.

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't booked a room, you may have waited too long. I just wanted to check and see the rates for a suite, and there were none available, so I went with just a regular room...again, none available. (this includes Exec/tower option)

This also means, that unless someone else has done it, there may not be a seperate party room. I have no problem having a party with the Bros in my room, but would not have an open one there.

Lany,

We need to start trying to figure out when and how things are going to happen at Trinoc, is there a schedule available for the convention? Will a party be held on Friday or Saturday, or both days? We need to know when GRRM will be available to do things with us, or if he will be available. I've never gone to a con and I'm not sure how all this gets done. It would make sense to have the party at one of the rooms in the convention's hotel. Also we need to pick the night to go out for barbeque. Anyone who has previously organized one of these things input would be welcome.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a definite schedule of what will be going on at the convention & when? My wife and I will be in Greensboro for the weekend and will only be able to get away for short periods of time - I want to make sure we can get in as much as possible when we're down there.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a definite schedule of what will be going on at the convention & when? My wife and I will be in Greensboro for the weekend and will only be able to get away for short periods of time - I want to make sure we can get in as much as possible when we're down there.

The schedule of events still isn't up on the website. SSE has PMed Parris and is waiting to hear back on George's schedule to determin the best night for our BBQ party.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone planning on driving down from the DC area or points north who might want to share a ride in exchange for splitting gas money?

Yep. I'll be driving down. I'll my best friend with me, but the car seats 4 comfortably and the trunk is more than big enough to hold our bags.

I'll be going Friday and returning Monday.

Has anyone formulated any plans yet for parties and such??

one night of rum, one night of tequila

beer all the time.

:lol:

last I checked they still hadn't posted a schedule. Kind of hard to make plans with the GoH, if the GoH doens't know when he will be available.

I'll check again.

Archived