Tri-noc Con (NC, Aug 3-5): GRRM Literary Guest of Honor

do i need to register for this thing or can i just show up with money in my hand?

My plan was money in hand. I am lead to believe that will work here. If not I will go ninja and sneak into all the events. Now that there are 2 of us it will be even easier to distract the guards and sneak in. Teamwork man, Teamwork.

So basicly i have lots of newbie questions and concerns and the like.

Hi & welcome to the board. :)

My sister and I booked a room at the Hampton that Ser Scott mentioned. It's supposed to be about a half a mile from the official site from what I could tell. The rates when I booked were about $100/night once taxes & stuff were figured in.

I've been to several BWB meet ups, but never a Con-type thing, so I can't answer much else.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I think that my rate at the Hampton was 80$ a night with taxes with my AAA card.

I was just going to register there, but I dont think it really matters, anyone know if the con planners have any preference?

Looking forward to meeting all of you of the BWB. :thumbsup:

John called me back this morning with the following information:

First off, the rooms are NOT all booked. He verified this with the hotel yesterday. You might have to actually call the hotel and not do it on line if it is telling you there are no rooms available.

If you still have a problem booking a room, you can e-mail him at JBallew2 at earthlink.net (go ahead and tell him you are with the BWB, George's fan club. I was very surprised that he called me back today with all this info...score one for caller ID ;) )

as far as George's Schedule, it looks like this (tenetively):

Friday 8pm: Meet the Guests

afterwards, possibly the Key note speech

Saturday:

11-12 Reading

(12-1 lunch)

1-2 Heroes and villains

2-3 Signings

4-5 Script writing

Sunday:

10-11 Building bridges across genres

3-4 ummm can't remember (and I swear I was writing stuff down ;) )

the web site should be updated soon.

My plan was money in hand. I am lead to believe that will work here. If not I will go ninja and sneak into all the events. Now that there are 2 of us it will be even easier to distract the guards and sneak in. Teamwork man, Teamwork.

brilliant plan, jags. count me in :cheers:

so who wants to do a party or something on Fri night? Maybe just go out somewhere rather than plan a big event on short notice. Ideas??

Would GRRM be able make something Friday night? Looked like his sched was filled up pretty well...

I'm in either night, just wondering if The Big Boss Man would be around.

Would GRRM be able make something Friday night? Looked like his sched was filled up pretty well...

I'm in either night, just wondering if The Big Boss Man would be around.

normally, from what I've seen of the past cons, he looks for folks to hang out with and drink with after the required functions.

I guess a lot will depend on how tired he is feeling :dunno:

normally, from what I've seen of the past cons, he looks for folks to hang out with and drink with after the required functions.

I guess a lot will depend on how tired he is feeling :dunno:

OK...either way I'll be happy to lose my BwB Meet cherry with all y'all...or even some of all y'all...

We should talk him into bringing a lap top and ask him to write while we watch. We can all sit in awed silence drinking beer and eating barbeque while he creates.

:D

Or watch him send to the Websters Dictionary people a new definition of "creepy"...but I'm in for the beer & bbq... :)

Well, Mapquest tells me it's about 4hr 45 mins from my work. So if I left from work I wouldn't get their till like 10. I think I might just leave early sat and get their in time for the reading, maybe a little before that. Then stay there Saturday night.

We're planning to leave here sometime Friday morning-ish and I think it's about 4.5 hours from here, so I'm assuming we'd be there in time for a Friday evening thing. At least that's what I'm thinking. I haven't double-checked with my sister. :)

the web site should be updated soon.

Con's web site has GRRM's schedule now.

I don't mean to intrude since I'm not an official BwB'er, but this is the only place Tri-noc Con is being talked about. I just want to vent about being pissed that, although I'll be just down the road, it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend any of the weekend. :tantrum:

Archived