Edinburgh mini-meet 13th April

mormont

Damnation, why did I have to leave early on friday night :tantrum:

It was really great to meet, feed and drink with X-Ray and Mr X - both superb people who will always find a warm welcome here.

Friday's meetup in Edinburgh was great - even if I had to head off early - it was especially cool to meet Korax, TMT, Zollo and Malt... and always a pleasure to catch up with the other reprobates :cheers:

I'm now looking forward to the next BWB Scotland pissup!

See you soon :)

Vestrit is indeed GRRM's prophet - through him our adoration shall be heard and we will bask in the glory :thumbsup:

And lead us not into temptation, cos we’re already there bro and we really don’t need the encouragement

Vestrit, you are my new hero. That whole "prayer" was awesome! :cheers:

A prayer for GRRM in an Edinburgh stylee

Our Father author, who art in heaven Santa Fe (wherever the hell that is – West Country I think),

Hallowed Sullied be thy name by the behaviour of the random collection of degenerates who gather in your aforementioned moniker.

Thy Kingdom fucked-up fan club come by plane, train, automobile and Shanks’ Pony,

thy will be done; if, that is, your will being heavy drinking, glass smashing, scary dancing, hill walking, puking, rants about mysticism, exclamations of love for has-been Swedish athletes, discussions of a prurient sexual nature and unsuccessful bets on horse races,

on earth in Edinburgh as it is in heaven was in London, LA, Boston, Copenhagen, Glasgow and a number of other cities still trying to recover.

Give us this day our daily bread oatcakes, beer, haggis, beer, kebabs, beer and shots of tequila, B52s and some god-awful other thing that sent me right over the edge.

And forgive us our trespasses against other dancers, octogenarians, Canadian crack addicts and common decency,

as we forgive those who trespass against us, like Tongan bouncers, octogenarians, bar-tenders who put ice in tall whisky and sodas, and hen parties.

And lead us not into temptation, cos we’re already there bro and we really don’t need the encouragement

but deliver us from evil the Spare Bed Assassin!!!

For thine is the kingdom fandom, the power chuck and the glory that is the Xs.

for ever and ever, or at least until Oxford in May.

A-men, a-women and a gay wookie who is just too weird to die

Wow!!! That was ace. A couple of tweaks to make it less specific to this meet and that could be THE Bwb prayer :) How would a generic bwb one look Si?

Wow!!! That was ace. A couple of tweaks to make it less specific to this meet and that could be THE Bwb prayer :) How would a generic bwb one look Si?

Good idea!

I'll give it a go and post it and people can make changes as they like

Thank you to everybody for their kind responses. I didn't know whether this would work or not, but I figured I'd give it a bash :)

Wow!!! That was ace. A couple of tweaks to make it less specific to this meet and that could be THE Bwb prayer :)

:thumbsup:

It would make sense for George's Cult to have an official prayer, after all.

(You know, that probably sounds a wee bit creepy to those who don't know us. And maybe to some who DO know us, lol.)

Archived