London mini-meet 5th April

Just thought I should ape Mormie.

Since there won't be any accomodation issue here, we'll take care of that individually as far as I know, this is mainly to list who might show up, and where and when to meet.

Off the top of my head I heard the Xs might show up, apart from that there's Isis, MelT and myself. I can't be bothered to find the LJ entries where other have mentioned they might show up, so please speak up again.

ETA: Full list:

X w/underling

Isis

MelT

Hereward

Sean and BF

Iceman

Wert

williamjm

Nat (lateish)

Tom the n00b

Min the n00bette

Maybes:

Slick Mongoose

DJ Donegal

Joe Abercrombie the even n00bier

Rough plan is to meet at 12 near British Museum.

I invited one of our resident authors, Joe Abercrombie, along as well to blatantly sign books for those who couldn't make his recent London signing have a few beers and discuss writing and GRRM and that stuff. He said maybe.

Hi all,

I'm a keen asoiaf fan, and I've been posting on this board for a while (though there was a gap between new year and late feb).

I've never been to a meeting like this before, but I'd like to come to this one, if it's not a members only do or something similar.

If I can come, I'd be interested to know what kinds of things happen, what everyone does, how long it goes on for, etc.

Cheers,

Tom

Well Tom, it's not a members only thing. We love to meet new people and generally corrupt them. Basically I think these guys are meeting up earlier in the day, but just roll up whenever you feel like it. I'm sure someone will give you their number, or post a vague itinerary.

Basically, we meet up and get drunk. Sometimes we discuss the books (for about five minutes), mostly we don't. Also it lasts for as long as you want, or until we all get dragged to the gay bar...

N

Tom, as herself has already said, we love to meet now people and most that do turn up to our meets tend to return for more.

We do talk about the books but the tone is often lowered by Silanah or Isis.

Fire me a pm nearer the time and I'll either tell you where to meet us or give you Barry's my number.

Off the top of my head I heard the Xs might show up, apart from that there's Isis, MelT and myself. I can't be bothered to find the LJ entries where other have mentioned they might show up, so please speak up again.
Oh, but I really wanted you to go through my personal LJ and repeat stuff you find there on a public message board. That would be great. :lol:

Can I come? :)

Seriously, I'll be in London anyway (cos I work here), I can easily take the afternoon off and pop over to wherever you are. Hurrah, I'll finally get to meet you lot!

Archived