Art of Ice and Fire

Lordwalker

What about the limited edition? Anyone have news?

On 11/15/2005, Jim at Fantasyflight games emails:

"The Collector’s edition is waiting on last minute preparations. It should be available for purchase later this month. Unfortunately, due to limited supply we will not be having a pre-order promotion for this item. Thanks for the support.

Jim

FFG Inc."

On 11/15/2005, Jim at Fantasyflight games emails:

"The Collector’s edition is waiting on last minute preparations. It should be available for purchase later this month. Unfortunately, due to limited supply we will not be having a pre-order promotion for this item. Thanks for the support.

Jim

FFG Inc."

Everyone interested in the collector's edition of this book should go to Fantasy Flight's site and purchase it RIGHT NOW! There are only 250 available (make that 249, I just ordered mine).

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com

Is the cover of the collector's edition the same as the cover of the mass edition? I had a look at both on the FFG website but the image of the collector's ed. showed it open, so i have no idea what the front looks like. Puh-lease help here, so's I can order my copy before they all run out! It will be :cry: and :tantrum: if that happens!

I would guess that the cover is the same. They certainly don't say otherwise, and they probably would if that was another difference.

Thanks mate, that's good enough for me. Now I can go purchase my copy. The exchange rate will beggar me but damn it, the overdraw on the card is worth it! :cool:

Got my copy a few days ago (mass edition). Though I have seen most of the artwork before (mainly because I have a complete collection of the A Game of Thrones collectible card game, which is awer than awesome), the book is still fantastic.

(The limited edition comes in a slipcase and is signed by GRRM)

I got my copy (mass edition) yesterday. It is great!!! I have to say that my favorite by far is the picture called "Two steps ahead" in the Dorne section.

I was wondering, in the picture of the kingsguard, who are they? I recognize Selmy, Jaime Lannister and Meryn Trant, but not the other two. Any suggestions?

Mine came in last week (mass edition). It's great. I really like the pictures of Arianne and the Sand Snakes. Just as I pictured them.

I also LOVED the Winterfell picture. I've always tried to imagine the immensity of it but had difficulty, and the picture really helped me grasp the size of it better.

Just grabbed a copy at Borders today. Loved most of the pictures. I wonder what was left out? Spoilerish? Not good enough? Or simply not enough room? My favorite was the Section showing The Wall. The castles in this series are as important as some of the characters and it was great to see interpretations of them. I can't wait to use this book to hook new readers.

Our copy just arrived. A lovely book, with some gorgeous art (and a few pieces which makes the thematic purists snicker, but there you are :). Favorite pieces include Schoenherr's depiction of Aegon with his sisters, Amok's Daeron I portrait, Komarck's two Jaime's, and some of Anders Finer's pieces (Linda likes the Rhaegar :P).

All in all, a feast for the eyes.

Archived