SoCal BWB

Alright, I'm making the command decision to go do something together. Lets make it happen -

Sunday August 18th @ 1 PM. Go see the space shuttle at the California Science Center (near USC).

We can geek out, then maybe walk over and grab a beer at The Lab afterwards. It's easy to get to via mass transit, or you can street park as well pretty easily if you're cheap. I'll probably grab lunch in Culver City before hoping on the train before hand if anyone wants to ride over with me.

I'll spam all the locals I know. If a bunch of people are bringing kids, we can bump the time slightly so I can bring my kids (since they nap from noon to 2 PM).

Please respond if you're coming, or ping me a message and I'll send you my e-mail and phone number so we can coordinate the day of.

• 4 months later...

Alright, how about we make another stab at meeting up. We can shoot for Saturday 1/25/14 unless someone has a better date. If people want to throw out other ideas/locations, I'm up for it as well. My wife will probably be coming as well, unless the babysitter falls through.

I'll throw out a few random options:

1) Something fun/education + some drinks. Go to California Science Center (near USC) to see the space shuttle. Followed by drinks nearby, maybe The Lab (2 blocks away). Shoot for 3 PM start or so. If people want, can bring family/kids too. I'd assume cost will be $10-15 per person depending on quantity of alcohol consumed.

2) Hardcore drinking if the weather is good - meet up at Santa Monica pier, hermosa, or even long beach pike. Cost of $20-30?

3) Meet up for drinks in downtown Culver City - Father's Office, Public School, or Rush Street. (Purely selfish for me since it is near me). Parking is good, and rail/bus access is good. Cost of $20-30?

Alright, how about we make another stab at meeting up. We can shoot for Saturday 1/25/14 unless someone has a better date. If people want to throw out other ideas/locations, I'm up for it as well. My wife will probably be coming as well, unless the babysitter falls through.

I'll throw out a few random options:

1) Something fun/education + some drinks. Go to California Science Center (near USC) to see the space shuttle. Followed by drinks nearby, maybe The Lab (2 blocks away). Shoot for 3 PM start or so. If people want, can bring family/kids too. I'd assume cost will be $10-15 per person depending on quantity of alcohol consumed.

2) Hardcore drinking if the weather is good - meet up at Santa Monica pier, hermosa, or even long beach pike. Cost of $20-30?

3) Meet up for drinks in downtown Culver City - Father's Office, Public School, or Rush Street. (Purely selfish for me since it is near me). Parking is good, and rail/bus access is good. Cost of $20-30?

I'd definitely be game for any of this :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived