*SPOILERS* GRRM's Remark on ADwD

Tysha

I also have to agree that the marriage in ADWD is not going to be Sansa's.

The whole point of organizing the betrothal between Harry Hardying and 'Alayne Stone' is to unite the North and the Vale. This way, Littlefinger will have control of both of these kingdoms as well as the Trident, which he is Lord Paramount of now as well, iirc. And he cannot openly marry Sansa with Lannisters on the throne, I think; it would be too dangerous. I also wonder if this plan will come to fruition at all, considering Tyrion must be openly confirmed dead for her to marry again (or the High Septon annuls their marriage- quite unlikely).

Also, I wonder if Harry himself might just screw the deal, since Lady Waynwood seems to let him go his own way most of the time. What highborn male (who already has impregnated at least one Vale common girl) is going to agree to marry a 'bastard'? Will Littlefinger spill the beans on Sansa's identity in this case when he didn't even tell the Vale lords? I find that almost laughable considering Harry is painted as such an irresponsible young lord in Sansa's chapters in AFFC. No way is Littlefinger gonna trust him.

I think a Dany marriage is very unlikely. Certainly she's going to meet up with plenty of suitors in this book, but she's not going to jump for any man unless she's positive she can trust him. She might make encouraging responses to whatever overtures she receives, but that will be the end of it. She knows she's too important to marry just anyone.

Anyway, all my money is on Jayne Poole marrying Ramsey Snow-Bolton.

Edit: I just realized that it can't be Asha's marriage to Erik Anvilbreaker either, since that takes place on the Iron Islands! There is no POV there that I can recall for ADWD, so there's no one to witness it for us. I bet all we'll get is the letter in Asha's chapter about her proxy wedding.

Just to clear up one point: Sansa is the only 'new' POV we know he's recently added from AFFC. Arya and Asha are also both in AFFC and ADWD, but that was the plan all along, and we knew that back when the books were split.

It would be interesting if we knew Jaime or Cersei was in ADWD as well, but I suspect not. Sansa is removed enough from the action in King's Landing and elsewhere in the south that GRRM can take this opportunity to bring Sansa's storyline up to date, whilst if he brings in Jaime he probably has to bring in Cersei and maybe Brienne (if she survives), which all adds up to a lot more work.

• 1 month later...
who says dany will marry 2 men? perhaps a marriage to both a man and a woman is in the works? i think the martells would have to be included as they have been loyalists to the targs, cautious it maybe but loyalists nontheless.

So you're sugessting Dany marry Arianne & Quentyn?

So you're sugessting Dany marry Arianne & Quentyn?

no but perhaps someone from a different house. quentyn and asha perhaps? not saying i believe this will happen but it is a possibility, then the dragon will have the 3 heads 1 male 2 female.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the dragon must have three heads, but nothing says that they should be 1 male and 2 female. If the prophecy wants to stick to that original formula, then both women should marry the man, and not, as speculated, being Dany marrying 2 people.

And just because Dany marries someone doesn't mean that person will become a head of a dragon. Maybe she can find another way of having the support, and most importantly, someone worth trusting, for conquering Westeros. It's not like something along these lines would happen:

"Hi, I'm person X and I want to marry you."

"Sure, here's a dragon for you, mind your fingers".

Also: Yay, first post! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Another update today:

I had a number of good days writing on DANCE after my last post. It felt great to have a solid streak of work like that. It's been a while, with all the stuff that has gone down this last year. I got quite a bit done, including a marriage. Some of it was rewriting, but the book will be much stronger for the changes I made.

He then goes on to say the past two days have been less productive but never mind, I'm more interested in the marriage part. Who's getting married?! Given what he said about his head being 'full of Dany and Jon and Q', are we going to see Dany and Quentyn getting married?

Probaly Ramsay and Arya Imposter or Sansa and Harry the Heir.

• 1 year later...
Anyway, the only problem I see with the marriage being Ramsay/Jeyne is because we need a POV there to see it happen in order for George to write it. Sam's down in Oldtown, and the only other pair of eyes at the Wall is Jon. I hope it isn't him. How bitter would it be to go home to Winterfell, only to see the bastard son of your family's rival - who also sacked and burned your castle - marry there, and to a daughter of your household?

Oh, but if we did get the Ramsay/Jeyne wedding with Jon watching it there will be some complications. He won't be upset to see Ramsay marrying Arya because he would probably know it isn't Arya. Even if he hasn't seen her in a while there are just too many memories. Once he got close to her and was able to realize that this girl didn't know him like Arya does he would realize she's a fake. Then you have to wonder what he would do about it. Would he start a fight or keep silent for now and tell Stannis or somebody else that the married Arya is a fake? Remember, Jon has some experience in changing out important people for stand ins himself.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Young Griff is clearly made to sound like a youth who is Griff's son, and it seems he has been in the East a good while. Quentyn's only relatively recently left Dorne.

Would Griff be Jon Connington then?

Since he was the lord of Griffin's Roost?

Where is Young Griff actually mentioned, anyway?

This is totally escaping me...

Would Griff be Jon Connington then?

Since he was the lord of Griffin's Roost?

Where is Young Griff actually mentioned, anyway?

This is totally escaping me...

This is in one of Tyrion's chapters, not Tyrion 1, which was published as a full excerpt on GRRM's website. I think it must therefore have been a different chapter that was the subject of a reading somewhere.

This one

• 2 weeks later...

Theon's just a weak willed, wormy little prick. I think of him as one of those kids sporting a Justin Bieber haircut but wearing a sideway Ecko Unlimited hat and trying to look ghetto. Please.

Roose Bolton you can understand - he saw the writing on the wall. Theon really had no agenda of his own and was just the puppet of Balon. If Balon had said go after Casterly Rock, Theon would have done so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, so lets cross our fingers that this is really going to happen. And I don't see why it shouldn't - he practically sat that date into stone, so he really most be very close to finish the book, and is more than confident to get it done in the time he has left.

Things really look not that bad now, even despite the whole chemotherapy thing ;-).

Archived