*SPOILERS* GRRM's Remark on ADwD

Tysha

Wow, great news. I recall in 2006, there was a thread about predictions for 2012 (it was a doomsday thread), where I half-seriously predicted that in July 2012, GRRM is going to announce that his book is nearly done, which received a bunch of negative comments. Well suck it bitches! I'm only a year off!

I love how the first post to break the news on the forum was in some obscure ADWD spoiler thread instead of a new thread in the main forum.

And that they got the date wrong. (sure, maybe it was changed on GRRM's site, but I prefer the snarkier explanation)

Wow, great news. I recall in 2006, there was a thread about predictions for 2012 (it was a doomsday thread), where I half-seriously predicted that in July 2012, GRRM is going to announce that his book is nearly done, which received a bunch of negative comments. Well suck it bitches! I'm only a year off!

If you predicted nearly done, you are off by 18 months. Since it is nearly done now, and apparently has been for weeks (forum members have admitted that this accidentally leaked a few weeks ago and they were sworn to secrecy).

If you predicted nearly done, you are off by 18 months. Since it is nearly done now, and apparently has been for weeks (forum members have admitted that this accidentally leaked a few weeks ago and they were sworn to secrecy).

Had they? I'd heard a rumour that Bantam had settled on a date, but that the date was way off at the end of the year. This was a hugely pleasant surprise :)

Does this mean that the book will be available in brick and mortar on July 12th too? I can't decide if I should pre-order ADWD online or wait and just pick it up at my local Chapters. Thoughts?

thiazyl

Fairly certain that it will be available in physical bookstores on July 12th. Support your local bookstore and get it there. Bookstores are a dying breed, and we should all use them as much as possible.

• 1 month later...

He is a Connington. His father thrown in exile by Aerys. Griffins are their house sigil, hence young Griff.

He is most probably a boy who APPEARS to be a Connington, in that Jon Connington is telling everyone that Young Griff is his son.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update today:

I had a number of good days writing on DANCE after my last post. It felt great to have a solid streak of work like that. It's been a while, with all the stuff that has gone down this last year. I got quite a bit done, including a marriage. Some of it was rewriting, but the book will be much stronger for the changes I made.

He then goes on to say the past two days have been less productive but never mind, I'm more interested in the marriage part. Who's getting married?! Given what he said about his head being 'full of Dany and Jon and Q', are we going to see Dany and Quentyn getting married?

I'm pretty sure GRRM was referring to his real life marriage. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I took it.

Archived