*SPOILERS* GRRM's Remark on ADwD

Tysha

I'm pretty sure GRRM was referring to his real life marriage. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I took it.

There are a couple of possibilities for the marriage to which George was referring. One is the

marriage of Ramsay Bolton to the fake Arya Stark

the other is

Asha being wedded in absentia by Euron. Since she wasn't there at the ceremony, Euron used a seal to stand in her place, as was ironborn tradition

There are a couple of possibilities for the marriage to which George was referring. One is the

marriage of Ramsay Bolton to the fake Arya Stark

the other is

Asha being wedded in absentia by Euron. Since she wasn't there at the ceremony, Euron used a seal to stand in her place, as was ironborn tradition

I always thought it had to be either the first option you listed or a marriage involving Daenerys because in the case of your second option, the actual wedding isn't seen. We just hear about it later. He made it sound as if he actually wrote a marriage scene.

Who was she married to? Euron? Seems odd if she was.

Who was she married to? Euron? Seems odd if she was.

I think she got married to the old guy that made a claim for the throne during the Kingsmoot. Something like Errik Anvilbreaker? Not entirely sure. Also I'm not sure if the proxy seal was actually an ironborn tradition or just meant to ridicule her

Actually, Ironbreaker might be a lord. Like "Euron Crow`s Eye", Erik doesn`t seem to use his last name. A man with heirs would probably have some kind of land ownership, because you certainly can`t raise the kids on a warship. He might be a lesser lord on one of the islands not visited yet, like Saltcliffe or Orkmont. Where being a warship captain has more to do with standing than what lands you may own, last names probably mean less than on the mainland.

Perhaps I am hijacking this thread, but as I am not allowed to start a new topic, I have to try somewhere:

Is Arya Stark a POV character in ADWD? She shouldn't be, as she was in AFFC, but the Wikipeadia entry about ADWD claims that she is.

Archived