Goodkind XVIII: Naked Mole Rats of Discord

Werthead

:angry:

How is rape justice? Methinks they don't understand the concept of justice, either.

And don't get me started on how rape is 'something one deserves'. I know people who had been abused and raped (as women and as kids) and I don't think that in any way do they deserve the rape/abuse.

You're preaching to the choir. These are the exact same sentiments that got Moose and me banned from TG.net.

In the thread on the SoT boards about Richard ordering the cutting off of ears, one of the defenses was that it was their custom to cut off the ears of slain enemies.

I thought TG didn't do "weirdo cultural diversity" stuff?

In the thread on the SoT boards about Richard ordering the cutting off of ears, one of the defenses was that it was their custom to cut off the ears of slain enemies.

I thought TG didn't do "weirdo cultural diversity" stuff?

Ah yes, "Regarding Ears" was quite fun. They had all sorts of nice excuses for killing civillians.

As an aside: this thread is moving at a remarkable pace. At this rate we'll be ready for Goodkind XIX by next weekend. Keep up the good work my valiant lemmings.

Hmm... so Tairytards want rape to be included in the judicial system? Would be interesting to say the least. Especially when one of them gets stopped for a traffic violation :P What O-ist seem to forget is what goes around comes around usually with a bit more punch.

Hmm... so Tairytards want rape to be included in the judicial system? Would be interesting to say the least. Especially when one of them gets stopped for a traffic violation :P What O-ist seem to forget is what goes around comes around usually with a bit more punch.

Would this be normal rape, or barbed-cock-Namble rape? :P

:angry:

How is rape justice? Methinks they don't understand the concept of justice, either.

Ditto. The future lawyer in me screamed in terror after seeing these ramblings. And I gotta admit that the red-font-guy is particularly unsettling. :stunned:

Someone gotta tell them that justice =/= vengeance. And that's more about inevitability than severity of the punishment that really matters.

And someone gotta tell them that there was a reason for passing such acts as European Convention on Human Rights. And no, the reason was not to spite them.

Those guys can't be real.

About the whole George vs Tairy hypocrisy thing - what would we do if George started saying "Oh, my books aren't fantasy, in fact I despise the fantasy genre. They may contain dragons, prophecies and magic but they are actually serious discourses on the nobility of the human spirit"? I'd like to think we would treat that statement with the scorn it deserves, whatever our opinion of his writing.

About the whole George vs Tairy hypocrisy thing - what would we do if George started saying "Oh, my books aren't fantasy, in fact I despise the fantasy genre. They may contain dragons, prophecies and magic but they are actually serious discourses on the nobility of the human spirit"? I'd like to think we would treat that statement with the scorn it deserves, whatever our opinion of his writing.

I would ask him what he was smoking and where i can score it :P

I would cry, I really would. Just thinking about him saying something like that makes me very sad. :(

~shudders~ We aren't tempting fate by even speculating on this, are we? I really don't want to tempt fate on something so horrendous. -_-

(vomits noisily in disgust and loathing)

Despite the fact that that thread and some of the opinions expressed in it make me want to hurl up my own liver in disgust, I do feel the need to urge people not to engage in trolling/flaming etc.

OTOH, some of the BwBers here at this party I'm at are saying "Get in there, bitches." But clearly they lack moral celery. Don't feed the trolls or poke them where they live.

Also, apologies for the absence. I was uncommonly busy recently. But I shall go back to the parody I was working on.

The Penthouse parody? Wolf Maid didn't have the celery, show her how it's done! Barbed, no lube and painful.

Someone gotta tell them that justice =/= vengeance. And that's more about inevitability than severity of the punishment that really matters.

Of neccesity, justice is ever unsatisfying and almost never the outcome of the 'justice' system. And isn't the purpose of the system (at least in Canada, and I thought in the U.S.) to protect the public and promote the rehabilitation of criminals? It does a terryble (pun intended) job, but it does not exist to satisfy the bloodlust of the public.

And mystar claims to do theraphy. Right. Wonder what he'd say to a rape victim

I thought he sold insurance?

Does anyone remember the character Casanunda from Diskworld?

That gets at the heart of these entire 18 threads. The whole reason why spend all this time ripping into him is the absurdity of his statements, the way his boasting exceeds his talent by several orders of magnitude, and the rabid yet mindless defences of the author by his fans. The few other thread I've read on other boards defending authors, there's at least some progress, even if it is acrimonious at times. But with Goodkind, it's nothing but regurgitated insults. Tairy's a special person, and we've got what, 7 000 posts in tribute to him? Not to mention Moose sacrificing his liver on The Altar of the Yeard.

It's in the thread named "The Individuality Paradox". But just read, please don't post. I don't want anyone to think I sent you over there to troll.

:sick: God, I could only read about a page of the whole thing. These objectivists really stick in my craw. The debate reminds me of Season 4 of Babylon 5 where the Vorlons and the Shadows tried to force the lesser races to choose between them. Two of the major characters realized that the correct choice was not to choose because they weren't true choices; only the choices they gave them.

Not according to my new sig! Busted, TG!

Wait a second, is Tairy contradicting himself? But contradictions can't exsist.........he must mean...........how does..............wait..........................*head explodes*

Archived