Second life appearence by George R R Martin

davec

i am a little confused now, so is this going to be in the shelter theatre or some other place? whats alll this sfliterary and apollo you people are mentioning ? i signed in a week ago just to attend this and i d hate to miss it

Because the SL servers can't handle too many avatars in one place at once, they limit how many can show up to a location. In order to maximize the number of people who can attend this event, it is simulataniously being held in a wide range of locations; you can be at the Shelter Theater, the Lost Gardens of Apollo, the Sliterary Building, the Bantam Bookstore or about 4-5 other places and still watch the reading.

We're just trying to coordinate so all of us from this board can attend at the same location. We've settled on Sliterary because Apollo is too popular and the Bantam Store is sure to be full.

ETA: The Bantam website, here, lists all of the various locations.

EETA: Just noticed that GRRM will be officially appearing as either Tyrion, Ned or Robert based on a fan vote (already completed). I'm guessing Tyrion will be the vote winner, but I'm curious to see whichever.

Makes me wish I had the time/skill/energy to have costumed my avatar as an ASOIAF character. That would have been cool.

Apollo is now full, and will likely be so for the rest of the day. Bantam-Dell is filling up. Unless folks have better ideas, SLiterary on Sunset Commerce isle is the best place to meet up. Direct coordinate: 33, 36, 45. If you don't want to use those, just search for Sliterary in Places, then fly up to the third floor roof.

Well, Apollo was almost full as it was. It's just a popular place to hang out. :) There's now 30 people on Sheep Island (Bantam-Dell Shop) and 14 at SLiterary (but those are in other parts of the sim, not at the event site). I'm not sure where the Shelter stands.

I'm camping out at the Bantam bookstore to see George, errrr, in person. Or the closest thing to it.

I just saw Ran there a little while ago.

Maybe I'll show up at the theater. *shrugs.

So, what sort of questions should we ask the man?

I was thinking of trying to ask him if the Hand who built the tunnel to the whorehouse is relevant to the story at all. Personally I don't think it is...

I've grabbed a "seat" in the Bantam Store. This is my first time using this. It's pretty cool seeing where GRRM will be sitting. I wonder if I can borrow his seat until he shows up. ;) (my avatar name is MarkSJ Auer)...

I sat in his seat while checking out the Bantam store last night. *shh* don't tell.

I've pulled up a chair at the sLiterary building, along with Ran and Brienne. There are a few other people waiting there but I don't recognize the names -- not sure if they are boardmembers. If so, please out yourselves!

ETA: And I got to say, at the moment Ran is living up to his "Ran Jeremy" nickname with the pimptastic feathered hat and two *slightly scantily clad* women sitting to his right.

Heh. Reyna is a player from Blood of Dragons. She's got an account here, but sticks to the BoD forum. Jilly is apparently part of the SLiterary establishment. Not sure about the other lady. Getting a few more BoD players shortly.

My boyfriend is in the bookstore right now, as "Tadanobu Asano" (some Japanese actor, don't ask...).

I'm wondering... on GRRM's Livejournal he says he'll be reading a chapter from Dance, but in the actual Second Life store, the signs say he'll do a reading from an upcoming anthology called "Dreamsongs". So which is it? :huh:

It's up to GRRM, apparently.

BTW, for those who are in the SL store, please take some high-quality snapshots of George in his AV, and the general scene there. :)

Archived