San Diego Comic-Con

Veira

If anyone else is planning on going, I thought it might be fun if we all met up for an afternoon/evening/whatever-is-convenient. It's about 9 weeks till the con, but it's never too early to start planning, right? That's what they tell me. Anyhoo, is anyone going this year?

OMFG LOL, I'm going I bought my tickects last September man. I'll be there on preview night till the end of it we should all meet up I havn't meet anybody ever who has read the books. I look forward to the con every day.

oooh! A con within driving distance!

I've actually wanted to go to this the last couple years, and I have a friend or two (shaddup) here locally who I know would like to attend as well.

I'm a definite maybe, seeing as how it's close and on a weekend. :)

Yeah, I noticed it's not on his scheduled appearances. Maybe if we beg him he'll show up again? Hehe yeah right :P

I'm there for preview night too! Last year there were over 100k people on the big days, so I'm really looking forward to getting to cruise around on preview night with a much smaller crowd.

Any thoughts on stuff we could do? We can always meet up at the masquerade. I'd offer to host a shindig, but I'm not sure where I'm staying yet. For those of you who are undecided, you should really go. Comic-con is a blast. And as far as cons go, the entrance fee is relatively affordable.

ima call my friends today and see what if anything they're planning. I need to be rather budget for this if I go, but if it's three or four of us in a suite, I'm sure I can spring for a couple bottles of Popov and jugs of OJ. And if we end up setting something up, I'm sure a few folks from SoCal will show up too.

Maybe I'll finally get out of the Friend Zonetm with The Goddess Dictator. :)

Again, I am defiantly going I wouldn't miss it for the world. Last year sucked because of vacation that was planned on the days of the con so I only got to go on Thursday this year I will be there preview night - sunday night. I can't wait have no money to host anything special though sorry.

Right-o. I'm trying to hit up some old pals of mine to let me stay with them, but if anyone can figure out a way to get a suite I'd be down for splitting one. I tried to book a room a couple months ago, but I couldn't find any available rooms remotely near the convention center. :/

Heal, have you gotten any stuff in the mail from pre-reg? I'm wondering how long it takes...

Hey Veira, I think I'll be going again this year.

sounds like a good time to me, not sure if i will be able to go to the actual con, but i should be able to come hangout for at least part of the time :)

Elgernon, have you ever been to Comic-Con? It's a completely different (and more fun, IMO) experience than WorldCon. Try to go for at least a day.

Hi Quincy! I hope you can make it. It would be cool to see ya again.

I agree, Comic-con is totally different than worldcon. And way more fun too- excluding the bwb party craziness of worldcon, of course :>

Elgernon, have you ever been to Comic-Con? It's a completely different (and more fun, IMO) experience than WorldCon. Try to go for at least a day.

i have not been to ComicCon

i will certainly look into at least a day pass :)

Heads up: they anticipate Saturday will sell out. So if you opt for a day pass, plan on a different day, or reserve it in advance.

They're taking reservations for meeting rooms for fan groups. Not all that many have replied to this thread, though I imagine more people will pop out of the woodwork when the con is closer. Anyway, if it's possible to book a small room for an afternoon meetup or something, would anyone be interested in that?

Veira I am curious to I havn't got the pre-reg stuff yet but a couple of my friends have and couple of them havn't so I'm clueless on that I hope it comes soon. Can't wait for Comic-Con to bad GRRM won't be here this year I missed him last year.

I finally emailed TPTB about the reg. They told me to expect my stuff in the mail ~2 weeks before the con, but they offered to double check to make sure it went through ok. You could do the same- their general info email is [email protected]

Also, fyi if anyone is still looking for hotel rooms, try the con's online booking site (http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml). They were all booked solid months ago, but a bunch of rooms have been freeing up lately. I think you get discount rates through their site.

warren ellis will be there (you lucky bastards) promoting black summer and his soon to be released debut novel, crooked little vein...

i'm on the other side of the fucking country :tantrum:

here is the amazon entry for said debut novel.

it will be his only US appearance this year, besides a stopover at some comic shop in mesa, arizona.

Sorry for the double post~

I heard from the fangroup organizer dude and he says we could use their meetup room around noonish on Saturday if we wanted. Since it looks like there's only a couple of us likely to be there, I'm going to tell him to forget it, unless you guys really want to keep it for whatever nefarious purpose. Let me know what you think ASAP, plz & thx :>

Only 5 more weeks... woot! :D

Archived