InConJunction, Indianapolis July 6-8

I'm even going to have some pictures of Greek pottery that show some 'robots' and bring up Lucian's latin story about the guy going to the moon. It'll be sweet. I hope you all come!

That's really cool. I'll have to make sure I get to that panel.

I'm going to be there, since I only live a couple hours away and my parents live about half an hour away, so I can get some free lodging. I hope to meet some of you.

~ Ben

Oh, and I am leading the panel on 'Ancient Scifi and Fantasy?' Saturday at 11 or noon I can't remember. Prime con time. Rob gave me a slot later in the day but I had to refuse because it was scheduled during George's reading!! Anyways, here's the description:

"Was there sci-fi and fantasy in the ancient world? Join a discussion of the similarities and differences between ancient mythology and contemporary SF/Fantasy. What does one offer that the other does not? How has Joseph Campbell's interpretation of mythology shaped the SF/F genre and is his interpretation accurate? How has the SF/F genre followed in the human tradition of story telling and how has it improved upon it?"

I'm even going to have some pictures of Greek pottery that show some 'robots' and bring up Lucian's latin story about the guy going to the moon. It'll be sweet. I hope you all come!

Sounds cool... and nothing great up against it, so if I wake up in time for it, I'll be there.

And btw, Rob? Is that Rob Pyatt? If so, that guy's really cool... he does Top 10 worst and video trivia every year... too excellent mainstay panels that are lots of fun

Ok...heard back from GRRM. He's pretty busy during the ICJ weekend but should be able to spare some time to have a drink or two with us. He said he can play it by ear with us. He's ALWAYS been accomodating to the Bro's so to me it's all good. :D

I've been corresponding with Jake Knight, group coordinator at the hotel. I asked him about getting a room since their online booking system didn't seem to be working. He told me the only thing left was a suite! So I'm going to book that as my room and use it for any BWB get together.

ETA: just booked the suite. :D

I just talked to Trebla. I had no idea InConJunction was so close. I've been off in my own little world and haven't been paying attention to the calendar!

Great on getting the suite, Jon Targaryen. Kick ass. It looks like we have plenty of space for everyone who needs a room, eg Vhagar. I should be there for check in on Friday, so anyone who is in need of space, just send me your cell numbers and I will give you the room number once I get it (or Trebla gets it). I'm looking forward to an awesome Con!

Sounds cool... and nothing great up against it, so if I wake up in time for it, I'll be there.

And btw, Rob? Is that Rob Pyatt? If so, that guy's really cool... he does Top 10 worst and video trivia every year... too excellent mainstay panels that are lots of fun

Yea, it's totally Rob Pyatt! He seems really nice. It turns out we are both at OSU, too. It's a small con world. I'll have to go to his trivia and top tens.

I will probably be getting in sometime in the early afternoon on Friday.

I will volunteer to be contact person. If you all want, PM me to get my cell # so that when you get to the con you can call and find out where the group is or will be. :)

eta: to make in in ENGLISH :stunned:

Okay..so are we coming down the home stretch.

Here is an updated list of who has said they are coming...

Lugarilla

Kastor

Ser Bryon

Leela

Narishima Reborn

Trebla

Vhagar

Jon Targaryen

Banafsheh

Possibles:

Lady Cheeseville

EnlightenmentHK

Jaxom1974

Dracarys

ETA: Updated

When is everyone planning to turn up?

My goal is to be there around check in time, which is at 3pm on Friday.

Is anyone creative? We should have a sign for Jon Targ's suite door that says "Brotherhood without Banners Suite" or the "BwB Rules!" or the "BwB Rulz"! I can make one. With a marker. It will be ugly. Unless anyone else is artsy?

My goal is to be there around check in time, which is at 3pm on Friday.

Is anyone creative? We should have a sign for Jon Targ's suite door that says "Brotherhood without Banners Suite" or the "BwB Rules!" or the "BwB Rulz"! I can make one. With a marker. It will be ugly. Unless anyone else is artsy?

I'll probably be there early evening, that's my plan right now, anyways.

Um, nope....no help there! I can be artsy, but on regular paper...

Remember to take notes! ;)

Indeed. I'll be taking digital pics too, now that my camera works again.

Ran, Linda and I should talk. I guess we never discussed this at WorldCon, but I am writing my dissertation on Etruscan religion! And I worked on a horse farm when I was growing up. Spooooky.

Archived