InConJunction, Indianapolis July 6-8

Treb,

Err... Heh. See here. We've a subforum discussing it here. Not too much news to post right now. Maybe soon. :)

I'm curious as to what GRRM expressed regarding Cersei, if anything. I can certainly see where one might empathize with her, but I have to say, she's clearly the most wicked of the POVs he's had so far.

Ah, he actually DID mention her now that I think of it. Lu (LOOGIE!!!! :P )was expressing a SERIOUS dislike for cersei and a sincere hope for a demise. GRRM then mentioned AFfC and Maggy the Crone. ;)

I'm curious as to what GRRM expressed regarding Cersei, if anything. I can certainly see where one might empathize with her, but I have to say, she's clearly the most wicked of the POVs he's had so far.

At one of the parties, George, my wife and I were talking about heroes and villains (which was the theme of the con, actually) I mentioned that I like the character of Jaime quite a bit, mostly because I could really see how "good" and "evil" are usually simply in the eyes of the beholder and how Jaime, as an "evil" character, was more created by circumstance than his own desires to do the dastardly. But I felt that Cersei, on the other hand, started out more inclined towards cruelty and injustice and just plain "badness" from the day she was born, especially considering the few glimpses of the childhood Lannisters.

Well, for those of you who know George, he thankfully won't come right out and reveal spoilers, which obviously would spoil the fun for many. But he laughed and nodded and generally agreed with my assessment of the situation. I agree that she's got to be the most wicked of the characters out there.

Hey Trebla - I bet you blast your music REALLY loudly and make it thump into your neighbors houses, huh?

You look like the type.

:leer:;):P

:hat:

u know it, ese!!!! :leer:;)

Acabo de decir.

Usted es totalmente ilegal si usted puede leer esto.

rofl! I have no idea what that means, but I assume you saw Trebla's pictures, and you decided he must speak Spanish. This is a great extension of a conversation we had about this :D

Lu, my wife's name is Lynna actually, not Lyanna, although I know it would be another interesting coincidence (these are pretty much our real names).

Thanks everyone. We enjoyed the con tremendously. It was wonderful to meet all of you.

Something else - someone mentioned George chuckling as if that means something. To those who have not seen him in person, George chuckles every time he does not want to say anything. So it went like:

"Hey, I really want to see this character die later in the book!" (hint, hint, nudge, look at George)

George: (chuckle, look mysterious, chuckle, look smug)

"Hey, I wish I knew what really happened at that point!" (look at George pleadingly)

George: (chuckle, look mysterious, look smug, chuckle)

He's great at not saying anything, essentially. I would not make any conclusions out of his chuckling.

:rofl:

Alex, it's a LOOOOONG story!!!!! But involves someone else saying that they could not sleep because illegal immigrants (hispanics) blast their music all day and night. :P

And Mya, hun, I CHEATED. I looked up that sentence. :D Alex is referring to a convo we had in which I lamented the fact that while I was a 4th generation American, there are people who view me as RETARDED because I am not FLUENT in spanish. ;)

Ser Bryon, on the other hand, is a Spanish scholar! And at times, does "NOT want be vampire anymore!!!!" :lol:

And Mya, hun, I CHEATED. I looked up that sentence. :D Alex is referring to a convo we had in which I lamented the fact that while I was a 4th generation American, there are people who view me as RETARDED because I am not FLUENT in spanish. ;)

:rofl:

Then Trebs, babe, I might want to tell you this - I used an English/Spanish convertor to get that sentence perfect. I may live in CA now, but I grew up in MA - 5 years of Spanish didn't help at ALL out here!!! :P

(And :lol: about the fact that that must look really bad to anyone that doesn't know the background story as to why I called you out - I can't stop laughing about what a bitch I look like now! :P)

Lu, my wife's name is Lynna actually, not Lyanna, although I know it would be another interesting coincidence (these are pretty much our real names).

That's funny because I took special note to check her nametag so that I would spell it right - i guess being on the board made me spell it significantly wrong.

I screwed up everyone's names. For example, I knew Lady Stoneheart was Kat, but then I kept thinking of her as UnCat. And then there was the wierd incident when i was walking along minding my own business past a ringing payphone in the hotel at 3am. I answered and the person was like 'this is Cat' and I said, 'UnCat?' thinking that there were too many Cat coincidences going on. But it wasn't any of ours on the line so I hung up. I thought in the end when I was posting pics that Lady Stoneheart just couldn't have been Kat, I must have gotten it wrong. And then of course, I am actually Katie, so what in the world?

And Alex, you are quite right about the infamous 'chuckle.' Grrrr. I was so waiting for Varamyr to warg into Thistle for an interesting 'Second Life,' but knew there was no point in asking if it was possible, since the chuckle is all we'd get.

Something else - someone mentioned George chuckling as if that means something. To those who have not seen him in person, George chuckles every time he does not want to say anything. So it went like:

"Hey, I really want to see this character die later in the book!" (hint, hint, nudge, look at George)

George: (chuckle, look mysterious, chuckle, look smug)

"Hey, I wish I knew what really happened at that point!" (look at George pleadingly)

George: (chuckle, look mysterious, look smug, chuckle)

He's great at not saying anything, essentially. I would not make any conclusions out of his chuckling.

Yeah, that was me, and I'm sorry if that came out like it was significant because I meant just the opposite. Here we are, having an indepth debate and when George ambles up, he chuckles!

I think it's the George R R Martin version of "HA HA HA! I know and you don't!".

And you love him for it. You know he's just not going to ruin it for you so he says nothing, but he's happy because he's gotcha.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful reports and to Lugillira for the many pics.

Sounds like it was a good time. Wish I could have made it down since it really wasn't that far away from me (relatively speaking) but it just wasn't in the cards this time.

Sounds like it was a good time. Wish I could have made it down since it really wasn't that far away from me (relatively speaking) but it just wasn't in the cards this time.

You might want to check on where GRRM is going to be in the future. I think I remember seeing that he would be in Madison, WI at Odysseycon in 2008. :)

Archived