Rogue's Gallery Re-open For Business!

Young Wolf

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1123547' date='Nov 27 2007, 18.21']Annelise,

I have to admit as long as we've been debating American Civil War stuff, I thought you were a guy.

:blush:[/quote]

Wow, what gave her away? Surely not the name Annelise? Or the fact that she's been around for aaaages, known to most anyone not blind as a bat? :P

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1142999' date='Dec 10 2007, 10.07']Zollo,

I thought it was something of a feminine name, but, there have been other guys with feminine names before.

:blush:[/quote]

:rofl: I [i]just[/i] saw this.

I'm sorry if I mislead you Scot, that was never my intention. I hope we can still be Civil War buffs together. :)

Annelise,

[quote name='Annelise' post='1241162' date='Feb 23 2008, 19.12']:rofl: I [i]just[/i] saw this.

I'm sorry if I mislead you Scot, that was never my intention. I hope we can still be Civil War buffs together. :)[/quote]

Absolutely no need to apologize. It was my baseless assumption that you are a guy. I enjoy talking American Civil War topics with anyone who will listen to me drone on.

:)

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1249212' date='Feb 29 2008, 17.43']Annelise,

Absolutely no need to apologize. It was my baseless assumption that you are a guy. I enjoy talking American Civil War topics with anyone who will listen to me drone on.

:)[/quote]

Or people who do not want to listen for that matter. :P

Hey kids? If you are possessed of or can acquire the technical knowledge -- it's not difficult -- can you please stop sending me Gigantor photos? I got one emailed to me today that was 2736x3648. Let me repeat that:

[size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]2736x3648[/b][/color][/size]

I normally use the gallery's image-resizing script when I get a huge one, but this one is so big that the script [i]ran out of memory[/i], so I had to do it by hand. [b]2736x3648.[/b] That is [i]massive[/i]. Your monitor cannot even come close to fitting that all onscreen. The reason you think it does is because the program you are using to view it is scaling it down. I would guess that it scales it to approximately 12.5% size, because that's what my image editing program opened at. Most digicams take photos at these high resolutions because it preserves detail, and you can only scale down without a loss in quality, not back up. A good target size for you to crop to is around 600px in one of the dimensions. Not, I hasten to remind everyone, around 3650px.

If you scale the image down yourself -- I recommend the [url="http://www.gimp.org/"]GIMP[/url], which is free, to do so -- not only will it make my life easier but it will decrease the filesize and therefore the time required for your email to me to be sent.

If you can't figure out how to do it, don't worry about it and just send me what you've got and of course I'll resize it for you.

Thanks!

EDIT: It isn't Nakkie -- I didn't have to resize his pic at all. It was a new picture for someone who already had one there, so his/her anonymity ought to be protected unless some of you are creepier than I thought.

[quote name='Inigima' post='1267658' date='Mar 11 2008, 13.40']EDIT: It isn't Nakkie -- I didn't have to resize his pic at all. It was a new picture for someone who already had one there, so his/her anonymity ought to be protected unless some of you are creepier than I thought.[/quote]

Yeah, but Nakkie's creepy too. Just look at that headless torso growing out of his armpit. :stunned:

:P

Archived