Rogue's Gallery Re-open For Business!

Young Wolf

Good morning,

This morning I performed some updates to bring the gallery software up to the current version, and also upgraded to a more recent version of PHP. This should result in no functionality changes and was done primarily to keep up with security updates. Post-upgrade everything looks to be in order, but please let me  know if you run into any problems. I will be retaining a pre-update backup for now in case of problems.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

This incarnation of the Rogues' Gallery has been around for over a decade, and the versions before than for even longer. In that time, thanks largely to the HBO show, the membership of this forum has gotten much larger and is now seen by far more people than ever before. That's great news for the site, but it does make me worry that a public gallery matching usernames to faces may be an increasingly bad idea. (No one has actually submitted a photo in some time anyway.) Consequently I am going to be shutting down the gallery on or about March 24, 2019. I'm holding off for a little while so that people can get their old photos if they wish.

I probably should have done this several years ago. I'm sorry to anyone else who will miss it -- I certainly will. Thanks for participating all this time.

EDIT: An upgrade this morning that appeared to work has, in fact, not worked, breaking everything! Exciting. I spent a little time attempting to address the issue, but since the site is going to be coming down, it isn't worth the time to continue. I have recovered all of the photos that were up and will retain them for a little while; if you would like a copy of yours, send me a PM with an email address to send it to and I'll pass it along. If for whatever reason you'd prefer I delete yours immediately, you can send me a PM to that effect as well.

EDIT: This is now complete. Thanks for coming along on the ride everyone!

Archived