Frosty

Call of the Wild, Jack London

The Fall of the City of San Francisco or something,

Princess of Mars, Ed Burroughs

The Eyes Have It, ?

Essence of Kor or something. ?

Moral Disorder, Marg Atwwod.

I could not finish them.

Oliver Twist. And currently trying to read a book called Afterlands which I don't know if I'll finish. I made it halfway through the 2nd or 3rd Foundation book by Asimov before I gave up. Other than that, I can't think of any books I haven't finished out of sheer tenacity at least. I'm sure they exist, they just don't come to mind.

Destroyer by CJ Cherryh. The Foreigner series is one of my all-time favorites yet I could immediately tell that the latest book was nowhere near as good as the rest.

Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn. I know the Thrawn trilogy is supposed to be the great Star Wars book series, but I found this one very slooooow. Granted, I was probably 14 at the time, but since I also read The Silmarillion at that age, I shouldn't underrate my ability to slog through a difficult read, past or present.

It's not fiction, but I've yet to get around to finishing Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas Hofstadter. It's very interesting, but there are so many digressions that my reading slowed to a crawl. (and then it stopped)

Any of Terry Goodkind's books. I always skip to the end.

Any book by Anne Rice. Same as with Terry Goodkind.

The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone series by Greg Keyes. For some strange reason, I just can'y slog through it. Maybe when I'm more in the mood.

I thought no one should live without reading War and Peace. In my edition the thing is about 1200 pages. I got to around 800 pages or so. I actually liked it. It wasn't a bad read for such an old book but then I hit a very busy phase in my life and stopped reading. It still stares at me on the shelf. I'll finish it someday.

Assasin's Apprentice, by Robin Hobb

Cyrano, if you didn't get through Neromancer, try Pattern Recognition, by the same William Gibson, I actualy found it easier to get through, if not as exciting.

Assasin's Apprentice, by Robin Hobb

Cyrano, if you didn't get through Neromancer, try Pattern Recognition, by the same William Gibson, I actualy found it easier to get through, if not as exciting.

Thanks brah, I'll keep that reco in mind :)

Archived