Eddard lives!

Reestlord

Cersei is awoken in her Cell under the Great Sept.

And before her stands Eddard Stark.

"What? How? Am I delirious?"

"That which is dead never dies, but rises harder and stronger."

The man who should be dead, the younger brother of Brandon Stark, lunges forward to strangle Cersei with both hands.

She can only gasp, "How?"

"Plot immunity, bitch." And then the breath of life leaves her.

Is this one of Luke Skywalker's POV?!?

On topic, GRRM said Ned is dead, so we should trust the guy. Or...should we?

How much did Payne's silence cost?
NICE!

I think right now Eddard does live, but only in Jon, Bran and Arya. We will see about Rickon. Maybe it is due to my having five kids and being "of the old ways", but I love the times in the story when Eddard comes to life as his children either do something "Stark"ish or ponder WWESD and do that.

A revived POV in Dance? Could be Ned, but in flash backs of Robert's rebellion.

This is actually a reasonable theory and something I wouldn't mind seeing. But, it just wouldn't be GRRM's style to do that. The past is always going to remain somewhat of a mystery to the readers, hence so many POVs being children and teens.

• 3 months later...

If you were Sean Bean (who is probably the most seasoned and highest paid amongst the cast) would you take on the role knowing your character (who is probably THE main character) dies at the end of the first season while the rest of the gang continues with their fat paydays come suceeding seasons? Sure, Ned could be presumed dead as far as the head chopping scene goes, if it really was him, but it's Television, it's HBO, it's George RR Martin, it's a fantasy series with 3 eyed ravens,trees with faces, witches, blue eyed zombies, creatures awakening after a thousand years sleep, queens who don't burn, dragons, who knows what dark secret or ability or whatever Lord Eddard Stark may have., For sure this ain'nt no reality series, there are'nt any rules to dictate him dead or whatever. So, Ned could be or not be dead, there are a thousand ways to make him reappear or ressurect in later episodes, dead or alive, he could reappear intact as himself not killed all after so on and so forth,or in recurring dreams, in visions, flashbacks, or disguised as an entirely new character in makeup, maybe reappear in voice only as a talking frog or whatever.. but it'll still be Sean Bean, Eddard or Ned. Heck, sir Alec Guiness, aka Obi Wan, was long dead in real life, but he still managed to appear in latter StarWars sequels.

If you were Sean Bean (who is probably the most seasoned and highest paid amongst the cast) would you take on the role knowing your character (who is probably THE main character) dies at the end of the first season while the rest of the gang continues with their fat paydays come suceeding seasons? Sure, Ned could be presumed dead as far as the head chopping scene goes, if it really was him, but it's Television, it's HBO, it's George RR Martin, it's a fantasy series with 3 eyed ravens,trees with faces, witches, blue eyed zombies, creatures awakening after a thousand years sleep, queens who don't burn, dragons, who knows what dark secret or ability or whatever Lord Eddard Stark may have., For sure this ain'nt no reality series, there are'nt any rules to dictate him dead or whatever. So, Ned could be or not be dead, there are a thousand ways to make him reappear or ressurect in later episodes, dead or alive, he could reappear intact as himself not killed all after so on and so forth,or in recurring dreams, in visions, flashbacks, or disguised as an entirely new character in makeup, maybe reappear in voice only as a talking frog or whatever.. but it'll still be Sean Bean, Eddard or Ned. Heck, sir Alec Guiness, aka Obi Wan, was long dead in real life, but he still managed to appear in latter StarWars sequels.

Wish granted. Sort of. If you count flashbacks. Which I don't believe HBO is doing.

If you were Sean Bean (who is probably the most seasoned and highest paid amongst the cast) would you take on the role knowing your character (who is probably THE main character) dies at the end of the first season while the rest of the gang continues with their fat paydays come suceeding seasons?

Absolutely, for the right deal. Seasoned actors like SB don't always want to commit to a project that is going to tie them up for years, especially if they've done one like that already (lotr). It would be pretty much ideal to only have to do one season, so as not to be tied down to the same project forever.. I'd happily move on to the next project and it would be no sweat off my back. One day I'd look back and say, remember that time I was eddard stark? That was awesome!

Sean Bean's pretty famous for parts involving characters who die quickly :)

If you were Sean Bean (who is probably the most seasoned and highest paid amongst the cast) would you take on the role knowing your character (who is probably THE main character) dies at the end of the first season while the rest of the gang continues with their fat paydays come suceeding seasons?

Absolutely, for the right deal. Seasoned actors like SB don't always want to commit to a project that is going to tie them up for years, especially if they've done one like that already (lotr). It would be pretty much ideal to only have to do one season, so as not to be tied down to the same project forever.. I'd happily move on to the next project and it would be no sweat off my back. One day I'd look back and say, remember that time I was eddard stark? That was awesome!

considering Ned is the most iconic character of the series and definitely a perfect match for Bean, they'd want a strong actor and a recognizable face to play him.

There is something peculiar about the fact that Ned's bones sent to Riverrun seem unrecognizeable by Cat. yes, I know it is a skeleton, but Cat does not feel anything like she thought she should feel. Who knows, there is magic in the blood of Brandon the builder and Ned and his children decend from them. Interesting to remember, Ned did not see surprised when they gave the order to kill him anyway at the sept of Baelor.

how is anyone supposed to recognize someone by their bones? There is nothing peculiar about Cat's feelings. Ever been to a wake? Seeing the bones or remains of a dead loved one is always a strange feeling. I am positive those were Ed's bones, however

GRRM certainly draws the reader's attention to those same bones via Lady Dustin

. What's up with that??

Archived