New York 18th July, Chicago 24th July

I'm planning to fly across to the US from approx 17-26th July. I'm going to meet some friends in Chicago but I want to break my journey by flying to somewhere on the East Coast like Boston or New York. Wondered if any BwBers would be around in those cities at that time...

Thanks people :)

It's looking like Boston followed by Chicago is my most likely itinerary. Would love to see XXs again... *touched* will let you know when I have all my times sorted, to see if we could meet up.:D Jaxom - are you in Chicago? I may have to break a long board tradition and scrap the *ignore Jaxom* response... because if you are around there... it'd be great to see you :) ... in fact I might pick your brains about where to stay as well...

ETA: Angie, I considered Washington but ruled it out this time - the flight's three quarters of an hour longer than going to Boston. *sigh* Why don't you Americans all live closer together, like we do in the UK. :P

Quoth! :wideeyed:

I want to see all of you! (Er... all the posters here not all of Quoth :P )

And I have discovered I can do a round trip, so... it's coming together something like this:

Tuesday 17th - fly London to New York, arrive JFK at 14.35 [still to find out - how to get from JFK to whereever I decide to stay in NYC - somewhere close to public transport and/or museums and stuff I guess... still working on that] - could meet people but will be pretty tired

Wednesday 18th - a day in New York - hope to meet Xs/Quoth, whoever

Thursday 19th - fly New York La Guardia airport to Chicago - probably get a flight at 12 or 1, arrive Chicago 1.30 or 2.30, then get to my hotel (somewhere in downtown Chicago - need to check transport and hotel possibilities) and chill out - will be antisocial this day

Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd - meeting a couple of friends in Chicago

Sunday 22nd to Tuesday 24th - visiting a friend in Madison

Tuesday 24th - taking a bus back from Madison to Chicago - will probably set off 10am and arrive in Chicago at 2.15pm - need to get a hotel room for one night - might stay at Jaxom's hotel, who knows ;)

Wednesday 25th - flying from Chicago to Boston - might fly out fairly early if I'm at the airport hotel, to get some time in Boston

Thursday 26th - meeting a friend in Boston

Friday 27th - flying back to London at 9am

So... New York folks - are you around on Weds 18th at any time? Failing that, afternoon/evening of the 17th?

Chicago folks - Tuesday 24th afternoon or evening would be best for me

Boston folks - anyone live in Boston who might be around on afternoon or evening of 25th?

(I'll update this post as my plans consolidate) Anyone who has any tips on transport from the various airports into the centre of town, please say... it's taking me ages to research all this!

:grouphug:

ETA: Angie, I considered Washington but ruled it out this time - the flight's three quarters of an hour longer than going to Boston. *sigh* Why don't you Americans all live closer together, like we do in the UK. :P

But we have museums & monuments & stuff - or so I hear. :P

I'd love to do both NYC or Chicago some time. I don't think I'll be making it to either when you're here, but have fun! I've never been to Chicago, but from what I've seen it looks like a neat city. Driving in NYC freaks me out a little with the lack of parking and the law that apparently requires you to continuously honk your horn as soon as you come out of the tunnel/over the bridge. :P

Chicago folks - Tuesday 24th afternoon or evening would be best for me

Let me know, Soph! Even if it isn't my hotel, there are a ton of them right next to the airport, so I'll be about I'm sure. That's actually my first day back to work after a lengthy vacation...might have to see if I can stretch it one more day...

(Contrary to what Jaxom thinks, this town's booze is pretty nondescript.)

You'll change that tune here eventually, young man. :P

So... New York folks - are you around on Weds 18th at any time? Failing that, afternoon/evening of the 17th?

I'll make time for whichever work's best for you and the others, Soph. :)

I want to see all of you! (Er... all the posters here not all of Quoth )

:lmao: *revises plans to greet wearing birthday suit*

• 2 weeks later...

We will be around both days and we are looking forward to meeting up. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about getting around in NYC.

OK - New York 18th July - Mr X, X-ray, Quoth, TC - I have the whole day, and not much idea what to do, would quite like to visit some museums. If you're at work and want to meet later for a meal or a drink, that would also be nice. I'll PM you my details.

Chicago 24th July - Jaxom, Harrenys - I'm not sure how much time I have - I am taking a bus from Madison to O'Hare airport arriving sometime in the afternoon. Going out for dinner would be nice (pizza or something?). I'll PM you.

I might be able to come out of the woodwork and meet up with you all on the 18th, assuming you all don't mind having an ultra-n00b along. Whoever's organizing it can PM me with the details.

edit: I'm available after 6ish.

OK - New York 18th July - Mr X, X-ray, Quoth, TC - I have the whole day, and not much idea what to do, would quite like to visit some museums. If you're at work and want to meet later for a meal or a drink, that would also be nice. I'll PM you my details.

Chicago 24th July - Jaxom, Harrenys - I'm not sure how much time I have - I am taking a bus from Madison to O'Hare airport arriving sometime in the afternoon. Going out for dinner would be nice (pizza or something?). I'll PM you.

There's plenty to do here abouts in the evening, Soph. With a little luck, on the 24th, I'll have a morning shift so I'll be available in the evening. And seeing as I'm 5 minutes from the airport here...

(Got your PM, I'll have to send one back.)

And, if nothing else, you and the NY peeps can toast me on the 18th for my birthday. :P

I might be able to come out of the woodwork and meet up with you all on the 18th, assuming you all don't mind having an ultra-n00b along. Whoever's organizing it can PM me with the details.

Excellent! Most likely we'll be picking a spot with both food & drinks somewhere in Manhattan, possibly in the Village, and setting 7pm as a meet time. More info to come.

And, if nothing else, you and the NY peeps can toast me on the 18th for my birthday. :P

We will be sure to do so. :)

Um, I don't believe I've received a PM...

Winging its way to you shortly.;) Sorry... wanted to check Jaxom's availability times first since he is more constrained...

Hey NYC peeps!

What say you to the Blind Tiger (281 Bleecker St at Jones Street -- close to the Christopher Street station on the 1 train and the W 4th Street station on the A/C/E/B/D/F trains, walkable from the Bleecker St stop on the 6 and the Prince St stop on the R/W. Here is a map.)? They have all sorts of great beer and other beverages, plus sandwiches, cheese plates and other assorted foodstuffs. Let's meet there on Wednesday (18 July) at 7pm.

I'll be the guy in the "Blame Pod" t-shirt. Sophelia and Xray will likely be the ones sitting near me.

For contact purposes, feel free to PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number.

ETA: the location of the damn bar!

Archived