Great British Beer Festival

Isis

I happened to mention to my manager how pissed o*f I was at not being able to get holiday those two days - she asked what it was for and I (sheepishly) admitted it was for a Beer Festival. She not only couldn't believe I hadn't asked the move the training but also encouraged me to try! So my email is now with the training manager (citing generic "social commitments") who could, honestly, go either way. We'll see . . .

I'll start laying on a supply of cats just in case . . .

What news , man ? Remember - you can't stop the sausage , right ?

In general ; I have just remembered Wertykins has a hossie appointment friday and it's his last day at work .

He has not mentioned this so I thought I would .

What news , man ? Remember - you can't stop the sausage , right ?

In general ; I have just remembered Wertykins has a hossie appointment friday and it's his last day at work .

The unstoppable sausage has, for now, been stilled.

Apparently the next training session isn't until the end of September so, with a heavy heart, I'm going to be spending two days this summer in an underground training facility in Holborn, rather than 'avin' it laaaarge with you guys. Hopefully I'll be out for a few Thursday evening and I'll certainly be there on Friday night, if any of you lot are still vertical by that time :)

Raise a drink to me, won't you? Maybe even two . . .

And this is definitely occurring during the week commencing 6th August? Cos I thought you said last time that it was the week before?

*SUMMONS MINDONNER & ARTICSTOAT TO THE THREAD*

*belatedly responds to summons*

We can do Thurs (well, I certainly can, not sure about arcticstoat but he'll probably be up for it) but not Fri, so I guess I'll see you midweek drinkers there!

I should be there on Thursday.

What is the craic?

We go to Earls Court , drink Ale , DO NOT put anyone in a headlock , eat quality cheese , find any Irish bars with stout ( if there are any ) , keen for Soda bread , get in the scouse bar and see how long we last ( at which point it may become necessary to put someone in a headlock - do so only when instructed and pointed at the relevant scouser ) , meet with others , laugh at their regret , drink more ale and brave a train back out to Essex ( unless we can come and sleep at your house ) .

Got it ?

I only headlocked you because your presence was cock-blocking all those middle-aged men so effectively. It was latent homosexual guilt manifesting itself as violence against women, that old chestnut.

My wife has declined the pleasure of stepping over your fetid husks at 6 in the morning to feed the kids. Heartless bitch.

I may well add that it is my birthday on Saturday so I am expecting a three day bender to be pulled.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived