Scenes that made your eyes burn

The Wolf Maid

This thread should come with a warning: Don't read at 3 am, you'll wake the neighbours with all that laughing. :)

Apparently Bill the Pony really enjoyed it and has since been known to make use of a handy branch in his paddock... :ack:

Edit: Found it! Here it is!

Hehe, the Library of Moria has some .... ahem .... interesting pairings.

I found a little gem for you pervs: Gollum/Jar Jar Binks slash. :P

I hate to break up the gross out with a serious question, but I am kind of curious as to what is important in judging scenes of horror? Is it just the content or does quality of writing also play a part?

I only ask because, while just about everything posted here is... well... revolting, some of the writing is actually quite wonderful. Indeed, I will go a step further and declare that a well written scene is generally more disturbing than a poorly written one, since the imagery is usually much stronger. Take Wolf Maid's first offering for example, it does roil the stomach slightly, but if you can get past the meaning the images are actually quite clever and parts of it actually made me smile. Also Guts (and I'm going to admit now that I'm a big Palahniuk fan so I'm bias), it is possibly one of the most disturbing things I've ever read (and I own a copy of the book) but it is also funny and... kind of insightful, I think.

Am I just more disturbed than most people?

I'm not sure what this is about. But I'm off to better chatter.

Archived