Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

Okay, the quotes I just posted were from S*anek's children's book series. The following is the opening paragraph of S*anek's very first book, this time part of his adult series.

Sunrise loomed across the horizon, pale as jasmine and mostly obscured by dark, feral clouds. The early morning air held an unusual chill and Adrina gathered her light shawl more closely as she stepped out onto the catwalk atop the wall. A breeze blew long strands of hair across her face. The hair, black as the receding night, flowed to her waist and while it was normally braided and folded over her left shoulder, it wasn't now.

THIS IS THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF HIS FIRST BOOK!

I'll bet your hair is normally braided and folded over your left shoulder, but isn't now.

As for S*anek, I figured the more his name came up in this thread, the more likely he'd find us through google, and that'd be a bad thing...that, and it somehow seems appropriate, as if his name is a curse word.

Wait! Is there a relation between clouds being feral and hair being blown in the face of the girl? Who did those cloud scalp? Why are the hair seemingly semi alive and trying to seize her? What's the technique to make a braid with a single hair? Why did I think she usually braided her waist, on first read?

According to Stanek several big houses have made offers on his books, but he turned them down because he felt that "the time wasn't right".

Yeah right. . .

Self-published writers are in a position to turn down lucrative offers from big publishing houses because the timing isn't right. . . :rolleyes:

Patrick

Yeah, I hear Stanek started a bidding war between several major houses, but unlike Tairy he didn't want to 'sell out' so he told them all to fuck off. Stanek is a god!!!

stanek is awsome! Stanek is good enought to be like the next C. Paloni (guy who wrote eragon)! Stanek should get his own forum here! so we can always talk about how cool he is!

(lets test ou that hack's google skills)

For some reason I don't think his google skills are in question. Only his writing.

I agree. Sometimes you need to cleanse the palate, as it were. Think of Stanek as a sorbet.

I just find it hard to waste time on someone's fanfic. What's the point of taking that apart? Wasted effort if you ask me. :P

And still not worth this much time, people. Priorities!
Yeah well, Goodkind is not worth even bothering to think about him either, yet he got 21 threads devoted to him already. (not to mention, these threads made some people buy and read his books).

No double standards, comrades, or the death-choosers terrorists have already won.

I just find it hard to waste time on someone's fanfic. What's the point of taking that apart? Wasted effort if you ask me. :P

It's difficult to argue the wisdom of your points, Jax. But folly knows little of wisdom, so consider this a guilty pleasure, I guess. It's a lot like watching "Deal or no Deal." You sit there and watch it for the entire hour, and if someone asks you why you are watching, you really have no good reason or viable explanation.

Archived