Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

Unfortunately, after they abort the kid, it comes back to life. I think. I never read the second book, and it's been awhile since I read the first, so I may be wrong, but I think the book ends with deus ex bringing back the villain(literally a godlike being randomly coming down and scooping up the corpse).

Trust me, I only looked. I wouldn't touch that forum with Myshkin's 10 foot pole.

What have you heard? It's all true!!!!

Succiu dropped her arm and the azure bolt disappeared,

No azure wizard's noose would come to his aid,

There was an azure glow all about her.

I'm sure you saw the azure glow that marked the blessed event."

Why can't he just say "blue"? His overuse of the word "azure" borders on the ridiculous.

More Stan eck Amazon fun!

In the Service of Dragons is written especially for young adults. Readers all over the world are discovering the works of Robert Stanek. Fans have called his books the "Star Wars" of fantasy, and liken his writing to a wonderful cross between JRR Tolkien and JK Rowling. We tend to think that the books are just plain fun to read. Filled with mystery, intrigue, adventure, and magic the books transport readers to a world unlike any other.

Who tends anymore anyway?

The first time I saw this, I read it as "Tristan tried to stop them, but they just came: bears." And I was like, okay, now its getting good. Bears are good. But, nay, I realized my mistake.

Bears totally should have come in and eaten everyone. It would have made a much better scene.

Especially if it was like that Lord of the Rings parody where Boromir starts going on about invading Mordor with bears that shoot laser beams out of their eyes ;)

An open letter to Robert Stanek fans from his "publisher":

Thank you for your concerns. We are aware of the problem, but were not aware these individuals were now sending threats to readers. Sending death threats to children is going way too far. We have tried to resolve this matter without having to take legal action against these individuals. As these individuals have elected to continue in their harassment of our authors and our readers despite warnings, they’ve left us with no alternative but to hand this matter over for prosecution. Damages to our company and our authors extend into the millions of dollars.

Stephen Leigh, Karin Scold, Jeff Darcy, and others who are instigating these problems are equally liable. We have not previously, nor has anyone on our behalf previously, sent out notification of these criminal and civil suits. The email being discussed was sent as a hoax by one of these individuals to cause further harm to our company and our authors. Perhaps when these individuals have liens against their homes, vehicles and businesses, they won’t think needlessly harassing others is so fun anymore.

Our message to Stephen Leigh, Karin Scold, Jeff Darcy, and others who are causing these problems is this: Clean up the mess you made while you can. Remove your hate speech. Make right what you made wrong. Your public apology to us and our authors is a start.

It would seem that Stanek believes that bad mouthing an author is illegal.

And by the way, in addition to why we shouldn't be wasting our time with Stan eck? Because when I was in the Barnes and Noble today I saw enough copies of Phantom and other TG books to make me gag, but I'll be damned if I saw a single copy of anything by old Dick Stan eck...

Oh. Thank God. For a moment I thought the publishers had taken leave of their senses.

Don't forget that both Robert Newcomb and Tairy Goodkind are published by major houses, proof that publishers aren't entirely sane.

Don't forget that both Robert Newcomb and Tairy Goodkind are published by major houses, proof that publishers aren't entirely sane.
If I was a publisher, I would take Goodkind too. I don't care if it's crap, my goal is to make money, and Goodkind sells well. I think it's sane enough.

I kind of feel bad for Newcomb and Stanek. Imagine having your claim to fame being an inferior copy of Terry Goodkind. I mean, that's just humiliating. If I were them, I'd kick my own ass.

If I was a publisher, I would take Goodkind too. I don't care if it's crap, my goal is to make money, and Goodkind sells well. I think it's sane enough.

Well, I'm not sure that the publisher didn't know that Goodkind would sell well until he was published. That means that someone looked at Wizard's First Rule and thought that it would have a large enough market to be worth publishing.

Archived