Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

Myrddin, I did say it wasn't great. :/

I didn't mean my comment to sound flippiant (though I see that it does read that way). I was trying to help him see it.

:blush:

Tha emoticon looked fine. I wish we had it too

• 2 months later...

Just had to share this little St*nek funny.

Being very bored, and inspired by a comment at Pat's Fantasy Hotlist, I Googled "St*nek" and "fraud." A few links eventually carried me to a deleted thread in his forum.

The funny part?

The first two Google ads at the top of the forum are:

Crack Cocaine Rehab: End the Misery

and

Crack Addiction Help

Coincidence? I think not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to reincarnate this topic but I saw a link to it in the worst books ever topic and just had to see how terrible Stanek was. I must say this guy is probably one of the worst authors out there. The fact he needs to make up his own publisher is astoundingly stupid. Worse that he made all those sock puppets.

Sorry to reincarnate this topic but I saw a link to it in the worst books ever topic and just had to see how terrible Stanek was. I must say this guy is probably one of the worst authors out there. The fact he needs to make up his own publisher is astoundingly stupid. Worse that he made all those sock puppets.

He's a Microsoft Press writer, so it's only normal for him to be horrible. Also, yay for 2 year old dead thread resurection.

BTW I was considering using some hard earned cash to embark on my most ambitiuos project to date and read a stanek book. (used of course).

Don't do it!

Oh wait, we haven't had a Stanek summary thread yet have we? Was getting confused with Newcomb (who wouldn't?).

Newcomb summary threads have a part 1,2 and 3. Part 1 starts here.

• 2 weeks later...

the comb said a few months ago that his series was dropped by the publisher.

thank god. I actually own all his books in hardcover (dont know why but I do) and the plot just makes no sense.

especially in the last book.

basically in this series

they can imbue magic people with magic spells. and stuff. and in the second to last book they figure out how to do it.

so the main character is sent off to a new land to do some tasks. but they choose to not imbue him with awesome powers, and just let him go on powerless. makes no sense at all.

You can read a summary of here:

http://conjugalfelicity.wikispaces.com/robertstanek

He has a complete summary of one of his fantasy books and is working his way through the sereis.

:lol:

Wow, that's quite an awesome bit of work by some poor selfless sporker, I take my hat off to him! :cheers:

(calm down lads, it's not NHAW till next week)

Archived