Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

the comb said a few months ago that his series was dropped by the publisher.

thank god. I actually own all his books in hardcover (dont know why but I do) and the plot just makes no sense.

especially in the last book.

basically in this series

they can imbue magic people with magic spells. and stuff. and in the second to last book they figure out how to do it.

so the main character is sent off to a new land to do some tasks. but they choose to not imbue him with awesome powers, and just let him go on powerless. makes no sense at all.

I wonder how long it will be before he finds a publisher gullible enough to let him finish his series?

I think I discovered pure, unadulterated shit during my trip to the used bookstore today. For $2, I decided that I would amuse myself (and give it away later as a gag gift) by acquiring Stanek's Keeper Martin's Tale. I'm glad to know that the "chasm" of my "heart" will be "filled" with Stanek. Oh, and apparently he sold 150,000 copies of his debut book and 2 million worldwide, if you believe him. It is "a gem waiting to be unearthed by millions of fans of fantasy," you know. I sense a parody review of this on my blog in the near future...

I teach in a residential treatment center for teens that have several mental/emotional disorders. Trust me, if I managed to keep my sanity after that...and after reading Eye of Argon, I think I can manage to stomach this for a while ;)

• 1 month later...

This guy Stanek kinda reminds me of the people that the Vanity Publisher in Focault's Pendulum was ripping off... I dunno anything about his books, or personality.. but I do know that if he's really friends with Brian Jacques thats enough reason for me not to like him.. as I hate Brian Jacques for traumatizing me with cute animals slaughtering each other En masse when I was about 11...

Newcomb is just another reason I have such a hard time finding new authors and keep spreading out further and further in the 70s and 80s.. Publishers seemed to have some standards or something then.. At first I thought maybe he would be like.. the Anti-Ursula K. Leguin.. but I was wrong..

William (Robert) Stanek going insane with fury = http://www.robertstanek.com/rsblog.htm

Awesome. There is so much from those blog entries that made me smile. I love how he retouched the famous Brian Jacques picture. For reference here is the original picture he posted on his website. Now compare that to the pictures he used to "prove" he was telling the truth in that blog entry. But I think my favorite part was this:

You ruined my reputation for your amusement, decimated sales of my books because you could

Does this mean we've actually won? Can we now hold our heads up high and proclaim victory over the fraud? Or is this just Stanek's latest ploy to gain sympathy?

Awesome. There is so much from those blog entries that made me smile. I love how he retouched the famous Brian Jacques picture. For reference here is the original picture he posted on his website. Now compare that to the pictures he used to "prove" he was telling the truth in that blog entry.

I'm so much more convinced now that he's photoshopped in an additional coffee cup and some random garbage in front of him on the table ;)

If he's such a huge fan of Brian Jacques why has he dumped a bunch of litter on the table while getting his book signed?

Does this mean we've actually won? Can we now hold our heads up high and proclaim victory over the fraud? Or is this just Stanek's latest ploy to gain sympathy?

Actually, I feel we're underachieving. Reducing his booksales by 10%? We should have been more ambitious.

Although I think all the discussions on Amazon about, "This guy is a mentalist," and "How the f*** did this get five stars? Give me my money back!" probably did way, way more than a few posts on a few internet sites ever did.

Actually, I feel we're underachieving. Reducing his booksales by 10%? We should have been more ambitious.

Although I think all the discussions on Amazon about, "This guy is a mentalist," and "How the f*** did this get five stars? Give me my money back!" probably did way, way more than a few posts on a few internet sites ever did.

I was part of many of those Amazon discussions, until Stanek complained about me and had my posting rights revoked and every post (regardless of content) I'd ever written on Amazon deleted. Amazon sent me an e-mail that said that I was no longer welcome to take part in the "Amazon community", but that they sure would like it if I continued to spend my money with them. This is why I no longer buy through Amazon.

I almost doubt they are his kids note how the boys shoe is where the chair under him should be.

Probably borrowed those kids from his 'online friend' community. They obviously don't share his crazy gene of turning vampir-like disappearing trick when photographed.

That and they probably have real friends, as opposed to ad hoc ones.

Archived