Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

I have the feeling that S*anek has multiple (but quite similar) personalities, but I doubt he would laugh at himself behind his own back. ;)

I meant the actual printers (unless he was the one who typeset and had his own printing machine), but yes, I wouldn't put past him having multiple personalities.

I meant the actual printers (unless he was the one who typeset and had his own printing machine), but yes, I wouldn't put past him having multiple personalities.

Multiple personalities? Who can say? But 37 seperate ares of a discussion forum? That's...well, that's just spreading the love...or something like that. :P

I just did a quick Google search for Satanek to see if this page was coming up yet - don't think his "lawyers" will be onto us yet, as the first few pages of results seem to be dozens of suspiciously similar glowing reviews... the guy's been very busy! Doesn't he have a real job?

Would they actually read the book though. I don't know too much about printing, but I would imagine that it could be done without actually reading the book.

I just did a quick Google search for Satanek to see if this page was coming up yet - don't think his "lawyers" will be onto us yet, as the first few pages of results seem to be dozens of suspiciously similar glowing reviews... the guy's been very busy! Doesn't he have a real job?

He's a technology writer -- mostly guides to Microsoft Products -- under his real name, William R. S*anek.

The legend grows, does it not?

Would they actually read the book though. I don't know too much about printing, but I would imagine that it could be done without actually reading the book.

His books are probably "Print on Demand." Uses digital files instead of offset press. He or his "publishing company" uploads the files, and nobody sees it until the finished product pops out. That said, he has some absurdly stupid-looking covers, so I'd imagine the people who ship the books out get a good laugh.

Here are some interesting excerpts from Stanek’s blog http://www.robertstanek.com/rsblog.htm

“The individuals who are trying to ruin my reputation have been spreading malicious, untrue rumors about me for the past five years. For the last few years, they have been doing the same to my publisher. As someone who has given all his life to his country and his community, I simply do not understand this continued and prolonged harassment of me personally”

“An update on the Blue Ribbon award for my audio books: this is no longer a maybe. My audio books have won multiple awards, which will be announced in 2006. Keep your fingers crossed for the 2006 Grammy awards and 2006 Audie awards, which appear to be sure things.”

“Ruin Mist and Magic Lands movies seem to be the news everyone wanted. Unfortunately, I can’t deliver anything new …Several film production companies, including Dream Works and Valhalla Motion Pictures, have expressed interest in the Ruin Mist books and other books I’ve written. There is, however, no definitive deal or agreement, and I likely wouldn’t have signed an agreement at this time either. Since the Ruin Mist books were first published, I have turned down two major publishers who wanted to purchase Worldwide Rights to the Ruin Mist books. The timing of those early deals wasn’t right.”

“Many thanks to the fans who overwhelmed my publisher with email, letters and faxes! Over 1,500 emails, letters and faxes in the past month! The devil in me wants to say keep the emails, letters and faxes (FAXES???) coming until my publisher cries uncle. Because Wow! That is the most correspondence I’ve received. I feel truly appreciated as a writer. Sigh.”

Hmm. You think he could be a little more subtle in his lies.

Has anyone listened to samples of his audio books? According to iTunes, he does the reading in all of them except for his military memoirs book Stormjammers. You can check it out at the iTunes store or at audible.com. One reviewer describes listening to his books "like sticking nails in my head."

I feel what Stanek has done is truly impressive. I mean, wow, that guy has been everywhere on the internet for years. Even now this forum is working to his advantage by bringing him to attention. Stanek's machinations never stop working, gears never stop grinding. He would make a killer ASOIAF character.

Yeah, obviously I'm Robert Stanek because I'm impressed by how the fucker has been everywhere on the internet for years. If you don't see how much of a wacko this dude is.... that is impressive. The web he's weaved is impressive. Yes, he would make a good ASOIAF character. Although he's not as smart as, say, Littlefinger.

If you were trying to be an ahole, I think you didn't even comprehend my post. Smartasses aren't always so smart.

I agree with 2sdays. Stanek is fucking awesome.

He's like the hyper door-to-door salesman you stare at incredulously while he waves his hands and babbles. Eventually you send him away, awed by his persistence and obstinacy, and you go to the kitchen and you have a whisky, and while imbibing the holy water you think "Oh the humanity!".

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Stanek.

No, if he was really Stanek, at least 3 of his 5 posts would have found a way to inadvertantly plug his work. :)

I do wonder how long until Google finds this thread and sends RS here... Or at least his hotmail.com lawyer

Yeah, obviously I'm Robert Stanek because I'm impressed by how the fucker has been everywhere on the internet for years. If you don't see how much of a wacko this dude is.... that is impressive. The web he's weaved is impressive. Yes, he would make a good ASOIAF character. Although he's not as smart as, say, Littlefinger.

If you were trying to be an ahole, I think you didn't even comprehend my post. Smartasses aren't always so smart.

It was just a joke, dude. Chill. And I never claimed to be smart.

Say one thing for Stanek, say he's persistent.

Of course, it would have made more sense to actually spend all that time trying to improve his writing.

This just means that we're gonna have to work harder. I won't be satisfied until we're the first thing that pops up when someone types "Stanek" into Google.

Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek Stanek!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps due to your newness you don't understand how we interact with each other on these forums. We joke around with each other. A lot. Get used to it. Why, just the other day MinDonner accused me of being Tairy Goodkind in disguise, which is a far graver insult than being called Robert Stanek. So please, there's no reason to lash out at people on these forums, you just have to realise that most things said around here are said in jest.

Archived