Roberts Newcomb and Stanek

Myshkin

I find it rather amusing that Stanek has been hyping and distorting a one sentence mention in Publishers Weekly on various Amazon discussions and his message board (trying to give the impression that PW positively reviewed his book). And then the author of the article shows up to correct Stanek’s alts:

http://www.amazon.com/Publishers-Weekly-LI...amp;store=books

Hey!

There is a new addendum to Stanek's latest blog post, and he mentions Wert and I by name! Now we know we've made it! :cheers:

Oh, and he goes on to say that guys like us would likely get shanked in prison. . . Well, if we were in jail, Stanek would be my bitch. So he would take that knife for me!!! :P

Oh man. . .

Patrick

Hey!

There is a new addendum to Stanek's latest blog post, and he mentions Wert and I by name! Now we know we've made it! :cheers:

Oh, and he goes on to say that guys like us would likely get shanked in prison. . . Well, if we were in jail, Stanek would be my bitch. So he would take that knife for me!!! :P

Oh man. . .

Patrick

Am I alone in thinking that shanked is one of the best words in the english language? To be singled out and described with such awe inspiring prose .... Pat, Wert -- you have achieved something special.

Pat, Wert,

I love that he whines about "most of his readers [being] children" yet he feels it proper to mention people being "shanked" in prison on his blog. No hypocrisy there.

Ah, but to be fair most of his non-existent readers are imaginary children, who are likely not to have had their minds warped by the image of people being stabbed to death in prison due to the fact of their physical non-existence.

:lol:

His previous blog post was even less sane.....

Here's a picture of my DD Form 214. Not one of you hatemongers earned the right to see it and if you have any heart or soul or conscience, you who have caused great harm through your actions will strive to your last breath to make amends. But I'm not holding my breath that that will ever happen because I believe not a one of you has heart or soul or conscience. You ruined my reputation for your amusement, decimated sales of my books because you could, hurt my children and my family because you didn't care what the backlash you created caused. Your God, or someone someday, will judge you and find you wanting. For all the pain and misery and suffering you've caused, I again hope that day is soon.

:stunned:

:leaving:

Edit: OK, I should probably pay more attention to this thread. I hadn't realised it was so fucked up. :lol:

What the hell does a DD 214 have to do with anything?

Stanek claims to have won medals of citation for his service during the Gulf War, but during a previous examination of his records someone digging into the situation couldn't find independent confirmation through the US military records. Stanek posted the DD214 to prove his war record was as claimed.

Here's a picture of my DD Form 214. Not one of you hatemongers earned the right to see it and if you have any heart or soul or conscience, you who have caused great harm through your actions will strive to your last breath to make amends. But I'm not holding my breath that that will ever happen because I believe not a one of you has heart or soul or conscience. You ruined my reputation for your amusement, decimated sales of my books because you could, hurt my children and my family because you didn't care what the backlash you created caused. Your God, or someone someday, will judge you and find you wanting. For all the pain and misery and suffering you've caused, I again hope that day is soon.

Actually, that rant is well written. If only he could turn his anger into his novels he just might be a decent writer. Also, just because you were "in" the military and received an honorary discharge does not mean that you are an hero. With that in mind being a hero or for that matter a veteran does not in turn make you an author.

Cheers to Pat and Wert for making it to his blog, perhaps the imaginary children will go check out your sites and go to the imaginary library and pick up a book by a real author.

I hope his children aren't photoshopped into his family photos and that they are allowed to read other author's works as well. or God or someone someday will judge him and find him wanting.

Being nominated two years in a row for a Hugo Award by GRRM was sweet, no question.

But raising the ire of both Goodkind and Stanek is an even better claim to fame, methinks! :P

Patrick

I occasionally find myself reading news of this fellow, pulled in by sheer morbid fascination. His blog is scary, its like he truly believes what he is saying.

Question: so the photo with Brian Jacques, photoshopped or do folks now think it was actually legit?

Archived