Harry Potter [spoilers]

MeanMrMustard

Is this just a fun HP-bashing thread, or are you guys being serious? Because MMM, your predictions are awesome.
I never bash the books, only the protagonist. ;)

I seem to remember you predicted that Harry would renounce witchcraft and embrace christianity.
He still has a book to do so.

Harry lives; Hermione dies.

Thoughts?

(I think this belongs in this forum, as Harry Potter is a cultural event and not just a book)

Praytell where did you get this info?

It'd be pretty obvious if it happened, tbh. Although I always thought Ron would die for Hermione, cuz of the "Wizard Chess" sacrifice he made in book one. :shrug:

Just before the big battle with Voldemort, Ron and Harry are eating at a restaurant and Hermione is trying to parallel park. Someone plays Journey on the juke box, Hermione gets out of the car and rushes into the restaurant. Book ends.

This represents the tension in Harry's life, and suggests that the battle between good and evil never truly ends, regardless of each epoch's conclusion.

Just before the big battle with Voldemort, Ron and Harry are eating at a restaurant and Hermione is trying to parallel park. Someone plays Journey on the juke box, Hermione gets out of the car and rushes into the restaurant. Book ends.

This represents the tension in Harry's life, and suggests that the battle between good and evil never truly ends, regardless of each epoch's conclusion.

That is so deep and brilliant. Any true fan, or any intelligent deep thinker, would consider that ending brilliant.

Only flaw: Rowling plans to do a reading tour after the release, instead of holing up in a French chateau until the heat dies down. What's the point of making zillions of dollars if you're promptly lynched by howling mobs of 10-year-olds?

Don't you love sopranos? I thought my cable box went out when that happened haha!

Please Kill Ron!!! OMG he is so annoying.. Im still holding on to the fact that hermione somehow gets pregnant with someone and is forced into exile for being a slut.

I honestly would be annoyed if she doesn't kill Harry. Yet another case of a famous author going soft on his/her main character and not carrying out the story to the proper conclusion (Tolkien, yes, I'm looking at you). Otherwise, Snape is a goner. And he's my fav character. Sucks.so.bad.

Hagrid dies. Not sure who else, though there is at least one other major character who bites it. If Ginny died and Harry survived, he could go on to become an alcoholic, emotional cripple just like Sirius; but she'll never do it that way.

Archived