Harry Potter [spoilers]

MeanMrMustard

I saw this at InSecure last night. The author of the post seems kind of suspect, the kind of guy who couldn't have done this with his own hack. But I guess it could be true. Funny that it was first posted on a website offering a network security program.

Oh can we please stop killing off young women as the shocking ending? Something kind of disturbing about the trend.

SPOILER: recent horror/SF movies, don't read
after Pan's Labyrinth and The Host, I'm afraid 2007 will be the year of redemption through death of young females. Urgh.

I'm also against killing Harry, bc then he'll be remembered as a martyr, I'd like him to fade into unappreciated obscrurity. That would be fitting.

Nothing beats the "I wanted Vanilla Twist" scene from the original Assault on Precinct 13. I was around the same age as the girl who bites it and it traumatized me. I don't think J.K Rowling has the balls to kill off one of the young female leads(Ginny, Luna, Hermione, Cho).

Oh can we please stop killing off young women as the shocking ending? Something kind of disturbing about the trend.

SPOILER: recent horror/SF movies, don't read
after Pan's Labyrinth and The Host, I'm afraid 2007 will be the year of redemption through death of young females. Urgh.

I'm also against killing Harry, bc then he'll be remembered as a martyr, I'd like him to fade into unappreciated obscrurity. That would be fitting.

Nothing beats the "I wanted Vanilla Twist" scene from the original Assault on Precinct 13. I was around the same age as the girl who bites it and it traumatized me. I don't think J.K Rowling has the balls to kill off one of the young female leads(Ginny, Luna, Hermione, Cho).

Probably because it sounds kind of like hermaphrodite.

OK.

But it seems fairly obvious to me why Rowling chose this name for the character. She has admitted the Hermione is somewhat based on her own childhood self, and so it makes sense to me that she would choose a name for the character where the first three syllables are pronounced "her-my-own". :)

pfft no in the End of the book Harry and pals kill Voldermort and start t3h partaying. later whilst walking down a crowded street in broad daylight Harry is attacked by vengeful dark wizards. he escapes, but the gigantic magical battle tips off the general populace to the existance of witches and wizards. panic ensues, and a good old fashioned inquisition gets going. all the characters in the book are promptly scooped up, broken on the wheel, and burned alive.

Is that you pronounce that name now? Interesting...

No, it's four syllables. Her-my-o-nee. Rowling had the character teach Viktor Krum how to say it in GoF because too many fans were pronouncing it wrong.

Dies: Voldemort, Beatrix, Lupin, Hagrid and Shacklebolt.

Snape becomes new Dark Lord.

Harry becomes an Auror and vows to put an end to Snape's reign of terror. Rowling announces the start of a brand new Harry Potter series.

Oh and Hermione whines, Ginny rescues someone and Longbottom kills Beatrix.

You mean Bellatrix, don't you?

pfft no in the End of the book Harry and pals kill Voldermort and start t3h partaying. later whilst walking down a crowded street in broad daylight Harry is attacked by vengeful dark wizards. he escapes, but the gigantic magical battle tips off the general populace to the existance of witches and wizards. panic ensues, and a good old fashioned inquisition gets going. all the characters in the book are promptly scooped up, broken on the wheel, and burned alive.

I actually saw a fanfiction like this once. Of course, it started off with the inquisition already half-over, Harry in jail being tortured and his friends in hiding . . . and his husband, Draco Malfoy an ambassador for Britain abroad, rushing home to rescue his beloved. I read the first chapter because I couldn't resist. It was like a car wreck you can't look away from.

In the last book we find out that Harry has been faking all the attacks on umm... the school and using Voldemort as a patsy. Voldermort isn't a criminal, just misunderstood. In the final scene all of Potter's friends come together and force him to face his demons (he did it all on account of being a half blood and not accepted by either community), Snape being key in this scene. Remember Good Will Hunting where Robin Williams keeps pushing Matt Damon and saying "It's not your fault"?

Potter goes to Muggle jail, while Voldemort finds redemption on the talk show circuit. The book ends with Potter leaving the jailhouse, finding Ginny waiting for him.

Wow, writing fan fiction is probably a lot of fun. Seriously, Hermoine bites it.

Hmm. I think we will actually see a further develpoment of Ginny's Mary-Sue-ness, where it turns out that it was actually *her* who destroyed Voldy back in the day, on account of being born right at that moment, and her love for Harry was so great that it travelled back in time to save him as a baby. Ginny becomes some kind of super-magic angel of vengeance and kills all the Death Eaters with her awesome skillz. Draco's girlfriend (Pansy?) dies trying to protect him, and he gets a Darth "Nooooooooooooooo!" moment. Harry dies trying to protect Ginny, then Draco dies trying to protect Snape, who dies trying to protect Voldy. Big triple wedding at the end, Ron & Hermy, Bill & Fleur, Lupin & Tonks. Harry and Sirius appear as ghosts to Ginny, who smiles and gets on with her life.

Sub-plots

Hagrid is fisted by a giant

The twins learn 'docking'

Ron is 'bismarked' by Neville

Harry gives Ginny a 'dirty sanchez'

again these are all true - you can read it on the internet!!

I still like the theory that Dumbledore was actually Ron who traveled back in time when he was old.

:D

(Yes, I know it's not possible, but it was always a favorite crack pot theory)

It would be even better if Dumbledore was actually Harry who travelled back in time from when he was old. Can we rearrange the letters of "I am the time-traveller Albus Dumbledore" to make anything useful?

It would be even better if Dumbledore was actually Harry who travelled back in time from when he was old. Can we rearrange the letters of "I am the time-traveller Albus Dumbledore" to make anything useful?

I still can't believe Voldemort chose his name out of an anagram. How much time did he have on his hands?

"YES! My name spells out "I am lord! Now I just need to rearrange the letters to find something evil! Then the world will tremble at my language skills! (Insert evil laughter).

My God,

Well first of all this thread has degenerated to some of the more childish rubbish I've read in a long time in the Literature forum and that's saying a lot.

I'm not bothered by spoilers and I went and read the original post.

Ummm, I don't get it.

How can anyone let alone the news media in Britain take this seriously? It is absolutely laughable and obviously a fake.

Anyone who has actually read the Harry Potter books could easily see that the spoilers are ridiculous and make absolutely no sense in the context of the series.

We will know how it all turns out in a month but the spoiler itself is waste of time.

Dennis

Archived