Denver 2008

I'll probably go.

snow "my boyfriend, unfortunately, will be out of the country" leo

Can you bring your sister instead? (The one on this board.)

(That's not supposed to sound creepy, either. :unsure:)

I will probably go to Denver. Anything in the western US==fairly close, by my standards.

Rural Australians go that far for the nearest indoor toilet....

Parris - I don't know the big plan (all I can say for sure is that I'll be pitching in but not leading in any way), but I am betting it doesn't involve a three-bar, highly decorated suite transformation extravaganza. We generally don't start seriously planning the next WorldCon party until the previous one is finished - not that we'll have more than a token presence in Japan.

With the ongoing aftermath of the last one, we are unlikely to ever again host a con party. :P

I will skip my daughter's birthday if that Pod will finally follow through and marry me. ;)

(Pod, we don't need to wait until we are 70 you know. I really would have preferred Tijuana. *frown*)

Or just bring her along . I am bringing my two and I know at least two other boarders that are bringing their kids . We would love to help throw Rina a birthday party :)

I will skip my daughter's birthday if that Pod will finally follow through and marry me. ;)

(Pod, we don't need to wait until we are 70 you know. I really would have preferred Tijuana. *frown*)

Sorry. :blush: I shouldn't have been leading you on all these years!!!

I thought we were trying to convince Pod that you got him drunk, dragged him to TJ, and married him at the donkey show? I'll back you up and pretend to be a witness. ;)

Sorry. :blush: I shouldn't have been leading you on all these years!!!

Bad Pod! It's all your fault! :P

my little ones will be with me part of the con, the rest of the time they will hang with my sis. Maybe you all will meet her too. Then you can see why I am the way I am. Wait she is more fun, you will all want to hang with her instead. :lol:

Anyway we can get all the kids together and see how long it takes for them to take over the place.

Hey Pod I thought you guys were married in Tijuana, and you had a donkey as a pet? Or was it a the best man, damn so confusing?? :lol:

Yo, has Steven Erikson ever shown up at one of these things? Any convention with the two of them would be an instant win.

I'm a gamer, so I go to Origins here in C-bus regularly, and it's a lot of fun and very, very geeky. Are sci-fi/fnatasy cons the same?

Who's planning on going?

Guests of Honor include:

-Kim Newman

-Lisa Tuttle (Windhaven with GRRM)

-Carol Emshwiller

-Guy Gavriel Kay

-GRRM is a definite.

-Scott Lynch is a definite.

-Iceman of the North is a definite.

-I'm pretty sure of Bakker

-Erikson is a maybe every year, so who knows.

Others who are likely:

-Lucius Shepard

-Jeff VanderMeer

-David Drake

-Robin Hobb

-Kelly Link

-L.E. Modesitt

-Kate Elliott

-Joe Haldeman

-Matthew Woodring Stover

-Jay Lake

-Daniel Abraham

Thanks. Denver is actually a car ride instead of a plane trip away from Poky, so that's preferable. And I see that's you're a definite, so that settles it, huh? ;)

Still need to get back on the Malaz board and PM the right people to bug Steve for me. He's always a maybe, heh. That doesn't particularly surprise me.

I think there may be some confusion. The attendeed list that Iceman put up was for Saratoga in November this year. We don't know much about who will be attending WC in 2008, besides GRRM and Bujold (since she is Guest of Honour).

• 3 weeks later...
It'll be my first con, so be gentle :)

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Ermm.. I mean.. it'll be great! No problem... yeah.

ETA: Actually my first con was last year at LA and nothing bad happened to me. But I did hear that at another con (I forget which) they put some poor guy who was passed ou.. umm... sleeping.. in a recliner in an elevator (still in the chair) and sent him off to who-knows-where. So be careful!

Edit again to add :) . It was all in good fun!

Archived