Denver 2008

After spending the past three years organising an international conference, I am in absolutely no rush to get involved in anything else!! :P After all that was part of my job, so I got paid for it. On the other hand, having planned a programme with 75 speakers, break-outs, visits, entertainment, keynotes, workshops, etc etc, I am amazed that the Worldcon people do this in their own free time!

I think George would prefer some place with crennellations. and a moat.

Maybe someplace in Wales? ;)

Although I suspect that such a venue would still not settle the question as to whether or not said nation exists.

• 2 weeks later...
I think George would prefer some place with crennellations. and a moat.

Given the strength of positive feeling the board in general seems to have about Edinburgh, I would say that would be a good place to have a GRRM World Convention. The city is crenellation-itious in the extreme, but not terribly moat-tastic. There are plenty of both castle-crinkles and water-walls elsewhere in Scotland that could be visited as a day trip from such a con.

Aratan

I will probably come, although it is hard for me to commit to anything that far in advance. (I bought a membership for the LACon, but ended up not going because I was too busy at work to get away.)

Archived