Denver 2008

We Stubbies will be there in all our antipodean glory.

Now that we have finally sold the millstone our old place we will have $$ set aside by the end of the month - including funds for beers for those we have promised to shout for. We promise not to buy Fosters.

I have friends that live outside of Denver and a sis that lives in Colorado Springs. HELL YES I am going. Will have to drag friends with me too. Crap that might not be good, they can tell you stories about me...........................

I am going to start setting money aside this week, so we can get a hotel room asap. I will probably drive though, so I can see friends and sis while there.

Let's see... I live about 15 minutes from downtown Denver...

Nope too far. :P

j/k

Unless I've moved back east by then (a possibility by July '08...), I'll be there. :)

We Stubbies will be there in all our antipodean glory.

Now that we have finally sold the millstone our old place we will have $$ set aside by the end of the month - including funds for beers for those we have promised to shout for. We promise not to buy Fosters.

You can buy me some Fosters, mate.

Hope to see ya there.

pfft fine I will go alone, you can stay with the cats and ghost :lol:
honestly babe, what in the hell is there to do in denver when you're dead?

i would actually be all for it, except you will never be able to get off work. so looks like you're watching the cats and ghost, while me and aratan will be having gay sex 5,200+ feet in the air.

see you there folks! :cheers:

:leaving:

wow. hopefully i'll have terminal cancer by christmas, and be dead by summer, so you can go as a newly widowed WHORE! :tantrum:

but seriously. :love:

seriously, your friends are coming down, and i'll be going to denver with all of them. we'll be camping and fishing and shit. :)

If you're even thinking of going to Denvention3, consider getting your attending memberships now.

Right now, the full cost of an attending membership is only $175. Most modern WorldCons raise the cost of memberships at least 2 more times before establishing the at-the-door membership, which would mostly likely be more than $200.

Getting a membership now is not only a prudent thing to do, but it helps the convention plan and budget for estimated attendance. The committee and budget managers would rather have $175 from you now than $200 later. If you buy a membership at the door, it means that the concom has not been able to spend that money on events, department budgets, publishing and other associated costs that all occur months before the opening day of the convention.

Being able to have some what accurate figures on revenue and memberships helps the convention do a much better job of spending our money to have the best possible WorldCon. Getting at the door memberships is gravy, it increases the chances that panelists will get a partial rebate on their memberships, that the pass-along funds for future WorldCons will be a bit larger, but really, most of the smofs I know would rather have your membership fees today rather than in August of 2008.

If you find out in June of 2008 that you really can't attend the con, there are ways you can sell your membership, or give it away. Transfers are legal, and can be easily arranged.

It might also be a good idea for the Bros to purchase a 'brotherhood without banners' membership or two to give to Raven winner(s) or other worthy Bros who just needs a little help and crash space in the Bros suite to attend.

When arranging for room blocks or a suite, it would be of help to say 'we've got X Bros signed up for the con, all with attending memberships', and the larger the number, the better chance you have of getting a room block or suite. Given the problems we're facing with limited room blocks in several hotels, instead of taking over most of one or two hotels, planning and organizing the Bros hotel needs months in advance is vital.

So go now and read up on the membership costs and privileges, remember if you voted for site selection for the 2008 WorldCon, even if you didn't vote for Denver, the current cost is only $135 for an attending membership.

Here's a link to the membership information page:

http://www.denver2008.com/membership.php

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raidne

Even though I'm also pretty much scared of everyone, I have really good friends in Denver and will likely make it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm definitely planning on making it.

P.S. Can we make a list of those planning on coming?

I will volunteer. I've completed the list offboard for now. Should I post it in a new thread so it can be easy to find/stickied?

Good question. Maybe PM whoever started the thread and have them edit the first one?

Done. Zak is probly offline now due to time diff but I expect he will see it in a few hours or so.

Ok, it's fucking miles away, but how many thinking of going over to the 2008 worldcon?

Mandy and Stubby asked for a list. No division into Definite/Probable/Possibles. I might do that one day ........ or maybe never. mwah mwah

Regina (plural?)

Just to clarify:

plural=Fenryng

I'm letting hubby come to the con with me, lol.

Trey Greyjoy and myself are planning on going.

How soon should we look to book a room? Having never done this before, I want to make sure I get into the right hotel, and I also need to know the correct things (e.g. room location, room type, etc.) to ask the hotel.

My wife has given me permission to go, so I want to book as many things as possible now so there's no chance of her convincing me to reconsider later... :)

Archived