Ok, where are the Texans!

[quote name='Jakob Lightbringer' post='1486214' date='Aug 19 2008, 15.03']Okay, Texans. *bump*

[url="http://www.texrenfest.com/"]Texas Ren Fest[/url] is coming soon (oct 11 - nov 30) ... who's going?

I'm down here in San Antonio, and I might be persuaded to participate in social events, if only there was anyone doing anything in this gawd-awfully big state.[/quote]

I am currently in a back-up position for the Joust there, but if I end up getting the call and going, I would love to meet up with you guys. I have never jousted with the Hanlon-Lees before, but resently did stunt work on a short film with one the owners of the company.

Opening weekend is October 11, 2008. My wife and I, along with some of our friends will be there. If anyone wants to meet up that weekend, lets start making some plans now. If you can't make it opening weekend let me know when you can. We will probably go at least three times this year so mayhaps we can meet one of the other weekends.

I know I will make it at least a few times this year, but I remain uncertain as to exactly when. I'm always thankful it goes on until the end of Nov, it really gives procrastinators like me a chance.
I'm probably more free late oct - mid nov. Not sure if I can make opening weekend unfortunately.
Let's get some votes on when the most optimal time for everyone is and we can start throwing together some sort of plan.

Just about any time is equally [s]inconvenient[/s] good for me.
I probably can't go more than one weekend though -- ren-fest usually ends in financial ruin for me.
If I have to vote for one particular day, I'd say [b]Saturday October 25th[/b]. That's close enough to Halloween that my wife may actually be able to convince me to go "in costume" -- or at least some crummy facsimile thereof.
I was really hoping to go on the 11th or the 18th, and that's probably still possible, but my bank account could use a little more recharging.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Mandy' date='Jul 16 2007, 18.17' post='905513']
I'm in Austin :) We had a small Austin BWB meet a couple of years ago, but I don't know if those boarders are still here or not.

Hey, I was in that Austin BWB meeting several years ago. Since then, I got a divorce, swapped computers with the ex and never rejoined this board until now. Just been a lurker for the past couple of years.

Still in Austin! When shall we meet for ale, swashbuckling tales, pinching the arses of pretty maidens...and ya, di, ya, da?

Captain Know, formerly Ser Rahn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='Jon Fossaway' post='1653650' date='Jan 19 2009, 00.04']New board member here from Amarillo. Sounds like I'm the only one this far north.[/quote]

We should build a 700 ft ice wall... ;)

I'm a ASoIaF noob here, in Dallas area. I'm through the first book and about a 1/3 into ACOK and I'm loving it.

Has anyone been to a local book store and noticed that these books are selling out? I picked the first one up about a month before Christmas and the shelves were packed. I've been to several Barnes and Nobles and Borders etc... (trying to find A Feast for Crows) and I've noticed that they've sold a ton of these lately. I had to order it from Amazon. I guess the pilot TV show anouncement has peaked the interest of many readers. Hopefully that's a good sign.

As far as ren fests go, the only ones I've been to are in the DFW area (Scarborough in Waxahachie, and one thats not there anymore in Fort Worth). They're fun, lots o' beer. I was always told Texas Ren fest was the one to go to.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Maednerys' post='1719859' date='Mar 14 2009, 22.44']Hey! Newbie from Dallas here, just wanted to say howdy to my fellow Texans![/quote]

Welcome! *Waves from Stephenville*

L-

• 1 year later...

Wake up, Texans!

It's time to do something again. TRF is on right now. That would be a good start.

I'm thinking of starting up a San Antonio BWB meetup group, but not sure if that would generate any real attention.

Keep me posted, RRketeers.

I'll be at Ren Faire Sat, Nov 6th. I'm currently living in Longview.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived