Sworn Sword Issue #2 out today!

benavery

Issue #2 of Sworn Sword came out today!

There's no variant covers or anything like that. :) But it IS out today.

I bought my copy! (Yeah, I've started a tradition that I always buy a copy of books I've written from my local comic shop. That way, at least ONE person buys it! Actually, the tradition started when I wasn't getting my comp copies of books I was working on. And then, it just sort of became a tradition. Isn't that what a tradition is? Something we just do, even though we really don't know why?)

Also, I posted the two original issue 1 covers that were unused. The first is the original concept for issue #1's cover. The second is the variant cover image that they used for the original solicitation. Just a little behind the scenes peek for you guys . . .

http://web.mac.com/benavery/iWeb/Cover%20G...night%20II.html

(While you're there, you can check out some of my online comics, previews, and whatnot from other NON-GRRM related projects I'm working on, if you feel so inclined.)

~ Ben Avery

Issue #2 of Sworn Sword came out today!

There's no variant covers or anything like that. :) But it IS out today.

I bought my copy! (Yeah, I've started a tradition that I always buy a copy of books I've written from my local comic shop. That way, at least ONE person buys it! Actually, the tradition started when I wasn't getting my comp copies of books I was working on. And then, it just sort of became a tradition. Isn't that what a tradition is? Something we just do, even though we really don't know why?)

Also, I posted the two original issue 1 covers that were unused. The first is the original concept for issue #1's cover. The second is the variant cover image that they used for the original solicitation. Just a little behind the scenes peek for you guys . . .

http://web.mac.com/benavery/iWeb/Cover%20G...night%20II.html

(While you're there, you can check out some of my online comics, previews, and whatnot from other NON-GRRM related projects I'm working on, if you feel so inclined.)

~ Ben Avery

How does the Sworn Sword series work? I recently purchased The Hedge Knight and it was pretty lengthy. Are all of the Sworn Sword comics just as long? Also, are these comics also in hardback edition like The Hedge knight?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

jaeherys,

The Hedge Knight graphic novel is actually a collection of the six-party Hedge Knight comic book series. Similarly, right now the Sworn Sword is coming out as six parts of what will eventually be collected as one graphic novel. Standard length of a comic is about 32 pages.

jaeherys,

The Hedge Knight graphic novel is actually a collection of the six-party Hedge Knight comic book series. Similarly, right now the Sworn Sword is coming out as six parts of what will eventually be collected as one graphic novel. Standard length of a comic is about 32 pages.

Thanks for the info! I'm not too informed about comics and was unfamiliar with how they are typically set up. I'll have to latch on to a few copies of these books :D

How does the Sworn Sword series work? I recently purchased The Hedge Knight and it was pretty lengthy. Are all of the Sworn Sword comics just as long? Also, are these comics also in hardback edition like The Hedge knight?

The Hedge Knight contains the six issue mini-series from a few years back.

The new series, Sworn Sword, will also be six issues long. That will be collected in, I believe, December. In hardcover.

So the individual issues, or chapters, are being released every month until then. it will be pretty lengthy . . . but you have to wait until then. :)

~ Ben

The Hedge Knight contains the six issue mini-series from a few years back.

The new series, Sworn Sword, will also be six issues long. That will be collected in, I believe, December. In hardcover.

So the individual issues, or chapters, are being released every month until then. it will be pretty lengthy . . . but you have to wait until then. :)

~ Ben

From a collectors standpoint. Is it worthwhile to buy each issue individually and also have the hardcover? I'm totally new to the whole comic thing, The Hedge Knight got me into the Illustrated Novel thing. Do fans typically buy all the issues and the Hard Cover? Does that potentially add value to having the entire set? Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm just completely new to the whole Illustrated Novel kind of thing.

• 5 weeks later...

mr. avery I realy injoyed the hedg knight, and am impationtly awating the next issue of the sworn sword

I nevery could get into comic books.(with the exception of LOBO comics. The main man is FUCKING AUSOM)

the stories allways seemed shalow and the grafics seeme over exagerated but you did a great job adapting martin's stories to a grafic medium. they have the same feal as the books and mr. miller is verry good at showing emotion in the charictor's expresions and posture (i laughed my ass of when i saw egg on dunks horse in the hedge knight) keep up the good work...

OK I have two question for you.

1. where can i find a list of the comics you have ritten and the artwork mr. miller has done

2. and is there any trueth to the rumers i have heard of Dable Brothers doing a gravic novel versions of a game of thrones?

ps. sorry about the spelling i am wrighting this on my new lap top and haven't had time to put a spell chek on it yet

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand.

The Marvel site is claiming that Sworn Sword #5 is due out October 24.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=7502

But it also claims that #4 is not due out until November 7.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=7298

Is this backwards?

Or is number 5 actually being released before #4?

I was hoping #4 would release soon -- if it hasn't already.

Nope. The ending of the relationship between the Dabels and Marvel has clearly thrown a bit of a spanner into the publishing schedule. The same artistic team is in place, but I'm guessing editing is now changing hands to Marvel staff, and the delay is likely due to this.

Archived