Resin Sculptures

McCloskey

These are being produced by Haute Productions and yes, basically they're a new license holder. There's also a sculpture of the Hound, and if you dig around the MySpace site, there's an picture of an as-yet-unpainted Eddard sculpt.

The guys will be at Comic-Con, and according to Jed Haigh they hope to open up their official website and pre-ordering sometime after that.

These are being produced by Haute Productions and yes, basically they're a new license holder. There's also a sculpture of the Hound, and if you dig around the MySpace site, there's an picture of an as-yet-unpainted Eddard sculpt.

The guys will be at Comic-Con, and according to Jed Haigh they hope to open up their official website and pre-ordering sometime after that.

Thanks Ran. I'll dig around some more when I get home tonight. The Hound looked incredible. Cant wait!

Oh, I should add the Dany sculpture is not strictly safe for work, since she's in a Qartheen gown.

Lovely, lovely stuff - however, I don't like the color of her gown. Too somber for Dany, IMHO, and the crown really just skirts being ludicrous. Okay, not even. It is ludicrous. The blazon before her, though, is really nice, and her yes are just as I picture them.

Ludicrous is in the eye of the beholder, though. I'll put it down to the Qartheen having rather gaudy tastes (which is probably accurate).

The gown color, I think it compliments her eyes nicely. Maybe the green samite would have been better, though.

Ludicrous is in the eye of the beholder, though. I'll put it down to the Qartheen having rather gaudy tastes (which is probably accurate).

The gown color, I think it compliments her eyes nicely. Maybe the green samite would have been better, though.

I just think that the three-headed crown coud have been designed with a degree more elegance. I certainly never pictured it being so high.

Hey, folks, Valyrian Resin is now online with their offiicial site, which makes pre-ordering available (the resins are priced at $54.99, plus $8.95 for shipping). The first three statues -- Eddard Stark, Sandor Clegane, and Daenerys Targaryen -- are set to ship by late March, and will be limited edition runs of 2500. They highlight the fact that pre-orders will be very important to their being able to move quickly on getting these into the hands of fans and collectors.

Well....I tried to buy two of each. Loaded up my virtual cart, entered all my contact/billing info (including my email address). Everything seemed Jim-Dandy okely-dokely. Then I clicked the "purchase" icon...a screen appeared with all the purchase, billing, and contact info(again, including my email addy). But toward the top was a line saying something along the lines of "Error--email address is required."

Puzzling... :huh:

And results! Though it looks like Jed was already working on this, and just needed to get back from Comic-Con. The U.K. has been added, as well as a number of other countries (Australia, Germany, Spain, France, Taiwan, Switzerland, Hong Kong). They're actively working to expand their overseas factors, so we've provided them a list of suggestions based on the top countries in our hits.

And results! Though it looks like Jed was already working on this, and just needed to get back from Comic-Con. The U.K. has been added, as well as a number of other countries (Australia, Germany, Spain, France, Taiwan, Switzerland, Hong Kong). They're actively working to expand their overseas factors, so we've provided them a list of suggestions based on the top countries in our hits.

Ireland too. Cool. :)

And I see they must have read the Scottish independence thread. Great Britain and Scotland are both on the list. :P

From a picture I've seen of them, in which George is gesturing to a sculpt, I'd guess about 6" inches/16 centimeters, but I think that's without the base. Maybe 9 inches with?

I'll drop a question to Jed about it (and remind him that he can drop by here from time to time ;)

And more results. Jed's going to add a picture to the front page showing the statues in relation to a ruler, and they have added (or will add) the following text:

"These pieces are in 1/6 scale. That basically means that six feet equals twelve inches. But each figure is in scale to the others. So you'll notice that while you may see one sculpture up to the waist, you'll see another to the thighs. It depends on the size relative to the other figures. But all the sculptures, including the base, are approximately eight inches tall."

So, there you are. Fairly sizable pieces. :)

Archived