Goodkind XXIV: Entertaining the Illiterate with Sweeping Epic Themes

ser jon stark

Whoa. You guys were quite busy yesterday. But then, so was I. :P

Richard felt a thing rising in him - a dark, menacing presence. He had only time for a surprised bwaaak, before darkness engulfed him - and the chicken, that was not a chicken, but evil manifest, walked out, wearing Richards body.

Nah. You fail, whelp. This is just too good to be Terry's writing. He would never let the chicken possess Richard, his alter ego.

Bringer of Death Syphilis

Quite so.

Word, you forgot: Having a copy of Ayn Rand's work and picture by your desk when you write.

WM,

It is obvious to me that you need to start a vendetta list, much like the one MM maintains. And Myshkin has just earned his way onto it.

I second that notion.

I am temted, but I don't do vendetta lists. It's not the Tairy way.

What kind of sick bastard would group Goodkind in with Brooks and Eddings? And who would group Brooks and Eddings with Martin!?

The kind that sucks a bloody cock.

And the bloody cock-sucking. Why hasn't this passage got more attention? Because it's entirely unstomachable? It's tairotic, that's for sure.

Because it induces amnesia. Your mind is so traumatized by reading it, it reacts by erasing it from your memories so you don't go insane.

I was somehow able to get my hands on a computer today... I went to the Dayton airshow today and watched as a biplane spiraled to the ground and didn't pull up in time. Crash...explosion...pilot died. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Anywho I don't have time now to read all the responses and what not, but just wanted to check in and mention the crash for anybody who hasn't heard of it.

Condolences to the pilot's family and friends. That was an awful thing to happen and witness.

Nah. You fail, whelp. This is just too good to be Terry's writing. He would never let the chicken possess Richard, his alter ego.

Hey, I only wanted to bring together the two most iconic characters of the series - and besides, if evil manifest would possess Richard, it would explain his psychotic personality...if, in the end, he can purge the chicken within.

Hmmm...why am I trying to find a reason for Richard being batshit crazy?

What are you, chicken? (ha, you see what I did there?)

:P

Hmmm...why am I trying to find a reason for Richard being batshit crazy?

Good question. Obviously you are too young to understand the reasons behind Richard's behavior.

The evil of chickens that are not chickens is spreading. If we needed more portents heralding that Confessor is near we have this:

Chicken convicts or convicts as chickens.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(btw, nice to see you around again, Agulla)

I was somehow able to get my hands on a computer today... I went to the Dayton airshow today and watched as a biplane spiraled to the ground and didn't pull up in time. Crash...explosion...pilot died. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Anywho I don't have time now to read all the responses and what not, but just wanted to check in and mention the crash for anybody who hasn't heard of it.

We were watching the show from my house, and everything all of a sudden went very quiet. We can't actually see the real show from where I live, but we do get a lot of very low flyovers as the jets regroup for their next stunt. We were a bit dumbfounded when we didn't see any other aircraft after 1 PM or so.

Didn't find out until later that a stunt pilot died and they cancelled the remainder of the show. I feel bad for the guy and his family - apparently his wife and 4 yr. old son were there and watching when it happened. RIP.

The midwest is definitely my favourite area of the country, but it lacks the happenings of major liberal metro areas that the coasts have.

Two words:

Yellow Springs.

The very mention of the town would make Richard's thing rise and compel him to build a statue.

Wait. You're trying to find? Trying? You weren't being rhetorical?

Yeah, well - sometimes I just feel the urge to play devil's advocate (and I am sure that for this comparison, I'll go to a special hell :))

@PhelanArcetus:

Yoda said "Do, or do not. There is no try." Richard says "Do (as I say, also as I do). 'Trying' means that you do not deserve victory, and thus have chosen death."

To quote the deepest source of wisdom: Metta, so very metta. I'll redress my death-choosing ways by almost-raping some random peace protester - after I removed its spine, of course.

Yeah, well - sometimes I just feel the urge to play devil's advocate (and I am sure that for this comparison, I'll go to a special hell :))

Probably somewhere without alcoholic drinks, and surrounded by horny goats.

no. ill just wait 5 days and pick it up at walden books for $5.95

Or you can borrow at your local library. :P

Archived