Meet-up in Galway, 25-27 April 2008

zakalwe7

Just wanted to add that early April is out for me too. I have a block practical module at uni w/c 31st March which means I have to stay on Campus at Guildford for the week.

You all know that Easter is in March next year, right

End of April is good for me (25th-27th). Can't really do any other time.

We'll probably stay on the mainland whilst you guys brave the Atlantic Ocean to go to the desolate Aran Islands.

N

End of April is good for me (25th-27th). Can't really do any other time.

We'll probably stay on the mainland whilst you guys brave the Atlantic Ocean to go to the desolate Aran Islands.

N

What she said. April 25th-27th would the the best bet for me and I'll give anything that involves travelling on water a miss after my Oxford escapades.

Niamh, your "recruitment" signature is adorable. How could we resist? :kiss:

Hypothetically speaking, if real life doesn't get in the way (as real life is prone to do) we would love to get to Ireland. And what better time to go than a Eurocommie meet?!?

Again, hypothetically speaking, if a couple of Merkins were able to get to Ireland for the week leading up to the meet, would anyone have any advice on what areas they should not miss? Or any advice in general would be appreciated...

Again, hypothetically speaking, if a couple of Merkins were able to get to Ireland for the week leading up to the meet, would anyone have any advice on what areas they should not miss?

Mel's and Wert's house ;)

Mel's and Wert's house ;)

That goes without saying!

If you were us, would you fly into Dublin and spend a couple of days in the city, or fly into Shannon and spend the entire week in the west?

If you were us, would you fly into Dublin and spend a couple of days in the city, or fly into Shannon and spend the entire week in the west?

;)

I would stick in the West without a doubt. Without even thinking about it, Between Shannon and Galway area (roughly), you can visit the Burren, the cliffs of Moher, The ring of Kerry, the Connemara national park and the Aran islands. Stuff is a little bit cheaper, the food is slightly better, locals are friendlier and the pace is slower. It's also more traditional and touristy. The weather is shitter though and it's most definitely more rural, but you can't have it all :P

Anytime in April would be fine for us i think. Nothing really in the diary yet, so it's a good time to plan a definite date.

April 25th/27th I think is so far the date nobody has complained about? Though the majority hasn't checked in yet. Maybe it's time to change the thread title to recruit votes?

I agree Galway's no harder to get to than Oxford - but how many people showed up for Oxford who had never been to a meet before?

Well, there was me :(

Definitely up for Galway (despite keeping my fingers crossed for my beloved York, oh well, there's always next year).

This may be the furthest in advance I've booked anything, ever :)

If I were you, I'd fly into Dublin and spend a couple of days there then hire a car or take a train and head down the east coast to either Waterford or Cork. Spend a day or two there or go round to Kerry and then Drive up the West coast to Galway and BWB bliss.

Thats the way I would do it but it would of course depend on time and funds.

Archived